Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open Model from Model Builder

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
darrenr
602 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Open Model from Model Builder

Hi, I just tried creating new models with the Model Builder. Once it's done and I try to open it, It asks me where would you like to store the model? Autodesk Docs or Local. I have tried both and then it says Unable to Open Model. See attached screenshots. All my other models open fine, it's just the ones I create from Model Builder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Darren

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: darrenr

Hi @darrenr ,

most times the reason for the issue is that the git part of the model database cannot be created on your local computer.

There are a number of reasons, why this can happen. Can you send the latest InfraWorks log files from path %AppData%\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk InfraWorks\logs ?

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 6
darrenr
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten and thanks for the reply. I have recently got a couple error message when I open Infraworks as well which I have attached. Not sure if they have something to do with it. I had ignored them because everything in my previous models seemed to work ok. 

Darren

Message 4 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: darrenr

Hi @darrenr ,

thank you for sending the information.

The error message I can see is:

Git exit code: 128
Git output: Cloning into '.'...
error: bogus format in GIT_CONFIG_PARAMETERS
fatal: unable to parse command-line config
error: Service Exception: Failed to clone the remote feature repository.

There are two possible reasons for such errors:

1. OneDrive (any cloud drive) or a server is used for the InfraWorks models. I can see a Z:\ drive - can you say what sort of drive that is? If it's a mapped cloud or server drive, then change the paths for InfraWorks models to a local drive. More info: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Error-Unable-to-Open-Model-in-InfraWorks 
  2. Installation error. A clean reinstallation of InfraWorks might solve the issue. I suggest upgrading to InfraWorks 2023.1 if possible. See also: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Clean-reinstallation-of-InfraWorks

Best Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 6
darrenr
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Thanks for your help. I uninstalled Infraworks which was a total pain. It kept telling me it was still on the machine. I had to go through and remove any leftover Infraworks folders and finally go into the registry and remove it and then it let me re-install. And finally now it lets me open the model builder project I created. What a pain. Thanks again.
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I have similar problem with Infraworks 2023.

I can create a model using New>Create Model

But when I try to create a model using Model Builder I get the same error "Unable to Open Model".

I have reinstalled Infraworks and also had an agent trying to help but I am still getting the same error.

Solution was to avoid OneDrive, which I did and have update Registry to point to a local C: drive

Please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report