Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The surface under this folder will not be visible

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rcentenoU3KHH
404 Views, 9 Replies

The surface under this folder will not be visible

Hi masters, newbie here. I cant find my inserted polyface named Red_0 to -1_North Crossing

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722380543530.png

when I click yes this what I got.  Please help. Thank you

rcentenoU3KHH_1-1722380670158.png

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
lim.wendy
in reply to: rcentenoU3KHH

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the InfraWorks forum!

It sounds like you might be dealing with an issue related to surface categorization. If the surface was imported from Civil 3D, please try the following steps:

1. When the message about uncategorized surfaces appears, select "YES."
  2. Open the Surface Layers dialog to categorize the data.
  3. Enable visibility for any Uncategorized terrain surface layers.
  4. Move them to the Ground Surface or any suitable category.

Note: This notification is a new feature introduced in Autodesk InfraWorks to help with the import process. It alerts you when surface data is not categorized and provides an option to open the Surface Layers dialog for categorization.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Message 3 of 10

Hi @rcentenoU3KHH ,

InfraWorks can only have one "terrain" surface. You can add multiple data sources for terrain, but you need to tell the program if they should be merged with the existing terrain. If yes, drag them to "ground surface".

It is possible to have them displayed separately without merging into existing terrain. Then right-mouse click "new surface layer", enter a name and drag the surface to this layer.
If you don't want to have the new surface have any influence to the model, keep it in the "uncategorized layer".

See also: Help | To add or modify surface layers 

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 4 of 10

In my Data source I can not change the Type: Terrain. The dropdown is freeze. how to make the dropdown function?

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722438628635.png

Message 5 of 10
rcentenoU3KHH
in reply to: lim.wendy

How to make the Type: Terrain dropdown function? its freeze

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722438767230.png

Message 6 of 10

Hi @rcentenoU3KHH ,

the data source is configured to be a terrain automatically. Once a data source has a type assigned, you cannot change it anymore.

Everything I said before was regarding the InfraWorks Layers and not the Data Source Configuration. You showed the Layers in your first message.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 7 of 10

Thank you for your help Karsten I but cant work. The red crossing that I want to insert on both sides just go back and fort from left to right. Is it ok if I pass you the file and help me out? Please?

rcentenoU3KHH_1-1722456587734.png

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722456898490.png

Message 8 of 10

I got it now Karsten, but how can I change the color individually? Whenever I change the Individual XML the other follows

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722457867288.png

Message 9 of 10

Hi @rcentenoU3KHH ,

the color of a surface layer can be changed by right-mouse-click on the surface layer (->"south").

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 10 of 10

@Karsten.Saenger you dont know how thankful I am with your teaching... I did it... Thank you master @Karsten.Saenger 

rcentenoU3KHH_0-1722528488276.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report