Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roads - Turning Heads

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
990 Views, 6 Replies

Roads - Turning Heads

Hi All,

I am currently setting up some Road styles within a catalogue for my team. I am looking to save this as a JSON file so that the team can import it whenever starting a new model.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to set minimum turning head/distances when drawing the roads? Am I missing something, or is it not possible? I am looking to use UK standards, so DMRB (Metric)

Many Thanks,

Tom

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
roskirko
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps Elliot's post (2 of 5) in this thread may help:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-360-forum/violate-design-criteria/m-p/6780690/highlight/tr...

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: roskirko

Hi Roskirko,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that this may be a way to change these settings, although Unfortunately I cannot accept your answer as a solution as it is not something I am able to do myself. Is there really not an easier way to change this? If not this really needs to become an idea for the Infraworks team to develop on.

Being able to change road standards/intersections/turning heads is important for any user of the software, no matter their location in the world.

Tom

Message 4 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous

if I understand you correctly, there is no other method for you as to change the DMRB standards file manually.

The road design and layout follows the rules defined in the standard files. If you want to use other rules, the standard files need to be adjusted.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that this is the only process to do so. Although it is not something that I or any of my team are capable of doing.

I would suggest integrating some settings within Infraworks to change this more easily for future updates.

Regards,

Tom

Message 6 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous

please log this product enhancement idea to the InfraWorks Idea station: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-360-ideas/idb-p/129?nobounce=/tab/most-recent

Other users will be able to discuss and review the idea and vote for it. Our product team is reviewing the board on a regular base to check for ideas.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi

We have the same issue of adding the turning head to end of the street. It is mostly the case for UK residential streets.

Please share any idea how to make the turning head with 2m footway around it. 

Regards

Karthi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report