InfraWorks 360 Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the InfraWorks 360 team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Hello everybody,

many times, in the US, we have roads and highways pointing at the same direction that split.

This means that from one way olny road you have two diverting from it.

Or you may encounter the possibility to have two roads merging into one.

The main problem, up to my knowledge, is the alignment.

I can provide further details about this, but I am pretty sure I am not the first one encountering this probl.

At your disposal

All the best guys

Thank you all for the amazing job

Nicola

Offset a Horizontal Alignment

by Collaborator TrevN on ‎03-15-2017 05:38 AM

What would be a really useful tool is one where you could automatically offset a horizontal alignment by a set distance.

You have one alignment already drawn, and because you want a parallel alignment with a different vertical alignment created, you have to either do it by eye, or use civil 3D.

Having the tool in IW360 would be great.

When using a point data file with height attributes for trees, it is not possible to load these and apply tree styles.

For buildings you can define the Roof Top height out of an Attribute.

It would be great to have the same feature for trees? For example get heights and optionally x and y scale from attributes.

3D text

by Contributor zottt on ‎03-08-2017 02:29 PM
An option to place 3D text in a model, so you can show Street names for instance.

Array of 3D objects

by Collaborator John.DeLeeuw on ‎03-17-2017 06:58 AM

I would like to see a new Array option to create instance copies from one 3D imported object. Then duplicating these objects in a linear, polar or path transform would be real easy. The instances should be parametric, much like the AutoCAD rectangular, polar and path Array function.

Something like this below:

Instance copies of 3D objects.jpg

It would be nice that the components continue during the transition from road to component and roundabout

Link between Component and Gyratory Roads.jpg

Tool for creating custom categories and custom attributes within InfraWorks

by Contributor atle.hoidalen on ‎02-26-2017 11:19 PM - last edited on ‎02-26-2017 11:21 PM |

Hi,

The built in categories and attributes in InfraWorks does not meet my requirements when using InfraWorks 360 as a collaboration tool for large projects. My workflow now is to use different editor tools outside of InfraWorks to create the "im.schema.json" file, but this workflow is not ideal and once the new categories are implemented, changing or removing them demands lots of work.

I want to be able to add custom categories and attributes "on the fly" within InfraWorks, just as you would create a new layer in AutoCAD. This could be a tool within model explorer but also available when importing content.

I would love the ability to create 2D AutoCAD linework and geometry for layout purposes in a coordinate zone assigned Civil 3D drawing, then be able to connect and configure that data in Infraworks only by assigning the correct coordinate zone.  Currently the configuration of 2D Overlays requires quite a bit of trial and error with coordinates, scaling, sometimes rotation and coordinate zones to get that information into the correct location that can be really time consuming and frustrating.

It would be nice if there would be an option to stereo render your videos. So Your model can seen with a cardboard.

Safe mode for Infraworks

by Contributor zottt on ‎03-08-2017 11:44 PM

Sometimes big models may crash when having linked new data. When restarting the model starts re-rendering and may crash again.

It would be nice if there were a safe-mode, that wont render the model, and gives you the option to remove corrupt data sources

What would be great is to have some vehicle animation tools within Infraworks. Basically a simplified version of civil view from 3DS Max.

Have a dialog box with options to choose a path (road or design road) or be able to draw a (transparent?) path. Be able to select vehicle(s) and then offset and rotatioon along with frequency (single, multiple intervals, speed, loop). Also have a timer so that the animation can be set to pause for a short period of time and then carries on.

Cheers,

James

Railway Design in the Same Fashion as Road Design

by Collaborator TrevN on ‎02-02-2017 03:06 AM

We need the ability to design rail lines with the same tools / functionality as roads.

@TrevN Thanks for the input and we are pulling this into our roadmaps and will update you all soon with more details.

Choose Direction of any lane Forward/Backward

by Advocate roskirko on ‎02-22-2017 07:11 AM

Right now, when making a component road, any lane to one side of a "centre-line" has traffic flow in one direction while those lanes on the other side of a "centreline" have traffic going in the opposite direction.

One problem is that when creating a multi-lane one way road, the "centre-line" is actually at the edge of the road. 

Another problem occurs when a central Light Rail transit line, for example, is in the central section of a roadway, the lane directions are very difficult to inter-mix.

The idea is to allow the designer to choose the traffic flow direction of each lane independent of where the "centre-line" is drawn.

@roskirko: Thanks for the suggestion. This was in fact on our roadmap and considered for style based roads. Too bad couldn't make it in. Now that we have a component road method matured, we will pick this up soon and provide a solution and share the roadmap some time near future.

Paint Markings Intersection

by Advocate phillipso on ‎02-10-2017 09:54 AM

I have a few issues when it comes to intersections.

1) I want to show the North South direction as traffic flowing through without the stop bars showing, but still showing the turn arrows. (see sketch)

2) Can the painted areas be shown as yellow stripes instead of solid? (see sketch)

3) Can the south island show as rounded? Easily, with the use of CAD. (see sketch)

It would be great if these were simple options were available in Infraworks as is a conceptual design software.

Thanks

Data Source File Size Column

by Explorer dgasic on ‎03-03-2017 08:14 AM

Could the creative team include a column in the data source indicating the size of the item data?  This would assist us in reviewing what files to remove to reduce the file size.

Intersection components & Styles

by Enthusiast David.Hepp on ‎01-26-2017 07:43 PM

Intersections remain to be a challenge. Many times the connecting roads don't form an intersection properly and I get a mess of twisted roadway/sidewalk etc. I think a simple solution to this is to just have an Intersection be a component itself, to which we could then have better control, such as:

1) Control over turn lanes, control their length and improve lane transitions

2) Control lane linestyles better

3) Control Lane arrows and symbology

4) Add crosswalk striping and sidewalk sloping option to the sidewalk at the crosswalk

5) Add Signals and signage more easily

6) I'm sure this would help greatly for Traffic simulation 

7) Enable multiple styles of intersections that could then be changed on the fly

8) Enable medians to be a component and customized as well

Make it simple to add, drop and position the intersection, to which the road components would attach too, instead of getting the roads criss-crossed and wigged out as they tend to do.

Import Layer files

by Collaborator John.DeLeeuw on ‎02-02-2017 06:17 AM

I would like to be able to import/connect to Layer files. Layer files are used to automatically Connect to and Style FDO Data Sources. This would be very powerfull since we can use these Layer files already in AutoCAD Map 3D and also Civil 3D.

Here is one example of a Layer file I created in Civil 3D 2017 which automatically connects to these open data arial images of the Netherlands (Ortho25, 2016, WMS). It would be great that we can use these Layer files also in InfraWorks 360 Smiley Wink

The new categories for areas of interest (easements, Parcels and right of ways) are great, finally a way to drape areas on the terrain and being able to turn them on and off without regenerating the terrain.

What surprises me though is that there is option for using solid fill or materials on these areas, only  outline style and With. I want these categories to have the same functionality as for coverage areas. Being able to apply a solid fill or material to these areas would be very useful!

Country Kit Standards

by Participant javier.barcelo on ‎02-19-2017 11:17 PM

Screaming here for country kit standards similar to those that come with Civil 3D. I am trying to convince my company to use this software and surely they're going to be impressed when they see how we can lay a road following speed parameters and intersections or roundabouts for certain vehicles, etc. until I tell them that it only follows American standards. That'd be a game changer for all those not working in the U.S.

Cheers

Javier

Can we have a greater breakdown within the cut & fill quantities?

I would be very useful to see the quantity of the component road as well and the terrain cut & fill.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!