Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlays and Importing 2d lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Goran_Kingkong
577 Views, 5 Replies

Overlays and Importing 2d lines

Hello.

I want to import 2d lines and drape them onto the model and preferably also visible on top of roads drafted in infraworks. Is that possible?

Say i got a 2d masterplan (dwg) with roads and administrative boundaries and other details, id like to overlay this on my model. I managed to import it to infraworks as a raster, the problem is it doesent overlay my drafted roads in infraworks. So id think lines in vector format would be more suitable if i can get them to display on top of my drafted roads? Or is there a way to put an overlay on top of the drafted roads?

Is there a way of drawing basic lines that drape on top of model?

I dont know the terminology and meaning of easement, parcel and coverage. I found out infraworks treats them as polygons, but is there a difference in how they behave? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Export the linework from Civil 3D as a shapefile.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6

My issue is not exporting from civil.

My question is how to make imported 2d-lines display on top of model in infraworks.. 

Best i got so far is importing lines as barriers and make a custom barrier that appears as a solid line. 

Skärmklipp.PNG

Message 4 of 6

Instead of using barriers, try importing as a coverage area. This will drape the linework over the surface like you want. However, this process does need a "trick" applied to get it to work. When configuring the coverage area, set the Buffer Width to a positive value like 0.10. This will allow the lines to appear, and you can adjust colors/widths from there. 

Message 5 of 6

Export your line as sdf, the import as coverage area, with a buffer of 10cm, or importa as planning road, and select null as style

Message 6 of 6

Hi @Goran_Kingkong ,

added data sources in InfraWorks are either converted to 3D geometry (for example polylines to pipes or barriers) or displayed as area (for example coverages or draped images).

Each feature has it's own specific behaviors in InfraWorks and its own schema.

You need to decide which feature type you want to choose depending to your desired outcome.

The display of pure linework is on the roadmap for future InfraWorks version as far as I can say.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report