Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Crashed

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
arianda.sianturi
823 Views, 7 Replies

Model Crashed

I have a model that I have been working on for several days. 3 days ago the model could not be edited. after I read the autodesk forum, I finally updated my infraworks version.
But after updating, my model is crash, and my PC slows down and hangs frequently. Anyone can help me?

My model figured below.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-18 at 11.38.02 AM.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @arianda.sianturi ,

my guess what happened is that the model got corrupted with terrain issues in the old version.

after upgrade the model issue is even more evident.

When the program crashes, can you submit a CER error report? Please send me the number of the report or use your email in the report before you submit it and let me know.

Is it also possible to send met the InfraWorks log files from path %appdata%/Autodesk/Autodesk InfraWorks/Logs ?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Karsten.Saenger ,

When program crashes, my PC almost always hangs and I immediately use force shutdown.
I send this log file when the file has not been crashed and after the file is crashed

Thankyou.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @arianda.sianturi ,

the log file from Feb.,14th shows a number of errors, which I believe are network related.

The latest log file does not show any error and I believe the program crashes before any entry can be written into the log.

Is it possible to share the model so I can test on my side?
For sharing, please create a zip file (.rar or .7z format) of the "model.sqlite" and "model.files" folder. Upload the zip file to the OneDrive folder I will be sharing with you in a separate email.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 8

thank you for the response @Karsten.Saenger 
I've emailed you with my model.

Regards,

Arianda

Message 6 of 8

I'm sorry @Karsten.Saenger , i can't email you.
Hereby i attach zip folder for my model.

Regards,

Arianda

Message 7 of 8

Selamat Pagi @arianda.sianturi ,

thanks for the model. I can recreate the model crash on my side.
The crash happens due to computer RAM consumption, one no further RAM is available the program shuts down.
Most likely the bridge in the model is the reason of the issue. I was able to quickly select and delete the bridge while InfraWorks is generating the tiles. Once hit "delete" shut down InfraWorks via Task Manager and restart InfraWorks and reload the model. The bridge should be gone and the tiles are generated successfully.
That's the only way I could get the model running again.

In any case, I have forwarded the model to the development team for further investigation why the issue happens.

Regarsds,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 8 of 8

Terimakasih @Karsten.Saenger  😊

I will try as you suggest, thank you for helping me.

Regards,

Arianda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report