Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bring one Infraworks model into another model?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
382 Views, 1 Reply

How do I bring one Infraworks model into another model?

Simple concept: In Infraworks 2020.2, I want to bring in one Infraworks model into another model to make one cohesive model. (Like a part 1 and a part 2 of a project coming together to show the final result). I'm doing this by working in the part 1 model, using the SQLite option under the data sources tab to bring in features of part 2 model. I'm able to bring in all of the features and they come in under a <No Feature Type> folder. One of the issues I'm having is configuring the GeoLocation of the feature. Both models are in different coordinate systems so I assume I'd assign the features from part 2 model I brought in to the geolocation of part 1 model (the one I'm working in), but this isn't working.

Capture.JPG

Can somone explain if this is possible? Or do both models have to be in the same coordinate  system in order to bring in things from another infraworks model via SQLite option under data sources. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think it's easier to export an IMX file for one model and import IMX to the other model.

It might be that no all objects will be imported with IMX as it's designed for infrastructure objects only.

For any missing objects use the sqlite import and select the according features separately.

More info here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Combining-Infraworks-Models

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report