Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data importing error - from Revit

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Mpcconsultora
2442 Views, 24 Replies

Data importing error - from Revit

When I imported a Revit Model to Infraworks, the following warning appeared:

IW Importing error.JPG

When IW imported the model, it completely looked grayed colored.

Can the problem be that I already installed Infraworks 2020 and Revit is still on 2019 version? Or the issue is otherone? If so, how can I solve it.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

Hi @Mpcconsultora ,

a few weeks ago I sent you a link to a knowledge base article. There is a PDF document attached to the article with a description of how it should work. The description applies to the "Navisworks cloud import" option that you can select in the application options.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Best-Practice-Bring-in-Revit-Models-into-InfraWorks

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 22 of 25
Mpcconsultora
in reply to: wpagl452

Hi Winston. As I have said several times, I think that's not the best solution. I have exported the FBX from Navisworks in feet, but when I imported in Infraworks, still have the same problem. Please let me know who else can help me, because, until the date, I have not received good solution for my problem.

Message 23 of 25
wpagl452
in reply to: Mpcconsultora

Hi @Mpcconsultora, I was not referring to your export setting. I am referring to your data source configuration in Infraworks. After adding the data source in Infraworks (either Revit or FBX), select the same coordinate system, but change it to use feet. 

All the best,
Winston
Message 24 of 25
Mpcconsultora
in reply to: wpagl452

Hi  @wpagl452 

Where do I select the use feet option? Still having this issue. No clear solutions. As I have said before, "manipulating" units, for me, is not the best solution. Hope for a acurate solution soon.

Message 25 of 25
wpagl452
in reply to: Mpcconsultora

Hello @Mpcconsultora. In this screencast, I show how I imported one of your views via FBX in feet. I used interactive placement because I don't have your Infraworks model, but the procedure is the same. Choose the appropriate coordinate system with units in feet. 

I know this seems odd as your Revit model is in meters. @Karsten.Saenger has already given the reason for this. There is a limitation regarding the data import into Infraworks. Select feet and it will read the data correctly. We are not manipulating units; the program picks up the units correctly on import if the configuration is left at feet.

All the best,
Winston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report