Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing Buildings from InfraWorks to Civil3D using Sqlite connected data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
576 Views, 3 Replies

Bringing Buildings from InfraWorks to Civil3D using Sqlite connected data

Hi guys,

I saw in one post a  person called Karsten Saenger explaining in a forum about how to bring buildings into Civil 3d from Infraworks, using MAPWSPACE and connecting data through sqlite model.

It was no video explaining these steps, but I could figure it out.  I did this workflow, I set up the file with the same geolocation and connected my sqlite file from Infraworks. However when I finished the process I can not see the buildings in the Civil model. Could you help me, please?

Do you know another way to bring buildings from Infraworks to Civil3D? 

Thank you,

Raquel 

Problem - connecting data from Infraworks to Civil.JPG 

Thanks a lot!! 

Raquel 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

just to make it clear, there won't be any 3D buildings imported with the FDO connection.
You will get the footprint polygons (2D) of the buildings.
If they don't show up in Civil 3D, search for the buildings in the list on the left side and right click -> zoom extent

It could be that you imported them with wrong coordinates, i.e. LL84.
If that is the case, you can transform the geometry in the DWG to your desired coordinate system. Let me know if that is the issue and if you need help.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Thank you Karsten,

Yes, I only can get the footprint of the building, you are right. 

I set up, in the beginning, the file for the same geolocation. I also imported my roads trough the Infraworks tab and until the roads work perfectly!

Then I double-checked to have the data from sqlite on the same geolocation.

The result seems that they have inserted the footprint somewhere because on my zoom extend goes super far from the origin. However, I can not see anything.

I recreate my steps in screenshots attached here. 

Do you have any idea if I'm doing something wrong or if I miss any step? 

Thanks a lot! 

Raquel  

Step 1 - Coordinate System.JPGStep 2 - Building Selection.JPGStep 3 - Zoom Extend.JPGStep 4 - Result - no buildings.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

don't "overwrite" the coordinate system when you create the connection to the sqlite file.

What you are currently telling the program: Use "ITRF_96_27_3" instead of "LL84" for the data source coordinate system.

Keep "LL84" so that the transformation can be made correctly.

FDO_connection_SQlite.png

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report