Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D overlay woes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rchnorton
356 Views, 3 Replies

2D overlay woes

Hi All,

I'm new to Infraworks but enjoying the challenge so far but I'm having a small but frustrating issue with 2D overlays. Using Infraworks 2020 which is fully up to date,  I can import the reference 2D line work drawing which does not have a coordinate system applied just fine and see reference listed as a Terrain Overlay but when using the interactive placement option the process just fails. I can go through the place and double click process but then nothing, no resize handles, no Close and Refresh and no reference displayed so I'd really appreciate any help of guidance anyone can offer in resolving this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: rchnorton

Hi @rchnorton ,

it should work like shown in the screencast: https://autode.sk/3b6fk75

Please not that the grip handles must me placed on a terrain, otherwise you are not able to select and move it.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 4
rchnorton
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi, thanks for the reply and for the video showing the placement of overlays sadly having watched the video and paid attention to the timing of the information selection and mouse clicks still the Close and Refresh button does not come live meaning I'm still unable to complete the process.

Just out of interest I've used the model builder to create the surface required, when I place the reference drawing I can see it on the surface, I simply unable complete the process of placement no matter the order of selections for the required inputs. When I finally select the coordinate system of XY-M the yellow warning triangle remains and does not clear, my assumption here is that until it does clear the placement process will fail

Message 4 of 4
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: rchnorton

Hi @rchnorton ,

is it possible to record a Screencast that shows the issue and what you are doing?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report