Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d drawing geolocation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1116 Views, 5 Replies

2d drawing geolocation

Hi,

I am trying to import 2d AutoCAD drawing with a geolocation into InfraWorks.

I explode all the elements from 2d drawing into lines and then export shp file. I create a new coverage style in IW360 with fill style but without outline.

I import shp file, choose coverage type, rule style that I created, in Source tap I tick off "Convert closed polylines to polygons" and in Draping Options choose Drape. Click Closerefresh then select the features in data sources window and in Geometry tap i change buffer to 0,1 m.

After all these operations some of the elements from map are visible, but some of them are not.

I attached my model and 2d drawing. Can anyone try to repeat my steps and figure out why I cannot see some of the lines?

Link to InfraWorks model: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ij8f6epe4gxe66/239230.zip?dl=0

Coordinate System: ETRS89.PolandCS2K-6

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tmachado
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, I follow your steps and got the same results you mentioned. Not too sure why is hiding some parts and is not draping on the surface.

But I was able to make it work... this is what I get

2017-06-07 13_30_18-Autodesk InfraWorks - Roztoki.png

I don't think I am missing any information but you will be able to tell better than me...

Here is what I did...

1. With the PE command made all your linework to be polylines

2. From the Grading tools, convert all the 2D to 3D polylines _AeccConvertPlines

3. Import your IW Existing Ground as an IMX

4. Assign elevation from surface to all the linework 

2017-06-07 13_42_05-Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 - [2dMap.dwg].png

5. Then export everything to SDF using 3D drivers (I like to use SDF instead of SHP, is a matter of preference)

2017-06-07 13_53_56-Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 - [2dMap.dwg].png

6. Import the SDF file into IW, on the Source tab, Don't drape and uncheck convert close polylines to polygons.

I am atthing the file I created just in case

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tmachado

Hi,

I´m really impressed about your workflow.

I repeated your steps but when I was trying to assign elevations I didn´t find the option: Relative elevation to surface.

I had only Insert intermediate..... I exported the sdf file and unfortunately lines are still missing in IW360. Then I imported your file and everything works fine. Is this because I can´t set relative elevfation to surface ?

I´ve attached a quick screencast with my workflow.

Best regards

Message 4 of 6
tmachado

The only difference betwen what you did and what I did was that when I use the PE command at used the Join and what that operation was done I escout the command... Try that everything else is just what I did

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tmachado

That was the problem ! I am very grateful for your help. 

It is good to have this workflow but still hope that InfraWorks will let users to import 2d drawings with geolocation in an easer way.

Message 6 of 6
tmachado

It is my pleasure to help!

You should log a case with Autodesk because it is not working as expected.

Hope this will help!

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report