Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select more than one target body, Combine Cut

Select more than one target body, Combine Cut

I think the Combine tool should be able to select more than one body as the Target Body when the operation is set to Cut. In the example below I'd like to select the 3 rectangles and cut the cylinder out. I could use Boundary fill set to intersect but that takes twice as many clicks and is not as obvious an option.

before.png

Mark

6 Comments

Please yes !

Anything like this that lets a user do several things in a single step seems like a good thing

Solar-emc
Advocate

I would add this suggestion. When selecting multiple objects in a 3d program the pivot point is made to represent the groups center. Often this is what you want but I wish you had the control to snap the pivot point where ever you wanted. I don't mean only move by dragging, I mean snap to the parts of the new group. 

bensbenz
Advocate

I would love this ability, and use it all the time, great suggestion!

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

HI Mark,

I think there a number of areas we can improve our boolean functions.  I'm changing this to future consideration as we likely won't get to this in the next year as we focus on improving the depth of our core modeling and sketch capabilities.

I have, however added this request to our backlog.

best,

Jamie.

smallfavor
Collaborator

I've three bodies I want to cut with a fourth body.  It seems I have to go through the combine function for each of the three I want cut separately.  I'd like to be able to select several bodies to be cut at the same time.

Peter.Haelldahl
Community Visitor

4 years later... Yeah its not here get 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report