Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet Blend

Fillet Blend

Can be this kind of fillet will be added in the fillet feature

Capture.PNG

SO that i have an option instead of this

Capture1.PNG

Thanks

15 Comments

Not quite sure I see the difference.. mind elaborating ?

marlonstark
Advocate

Ah gotcha / thanks !

Surfacing tools are definitely (one of many) weak spots

marlonstark
Advocate

Yap, enhancing fusion 360 surface tool will make it more greater and lovely program

kb9ydn
Advisor

I was able to duplicate this type of corner but I had to use surfacing to do it.  It would be really nice if the fillet command could do this.

Here's the file.

http://a360.co/2a3QrMk

C|

marlonstark
Advocate

thats a good one, yap it would be really nice if the fillet command could do it 

harvid22
Advocate

here's another attempt to do it with only the fillet tool, it's not perfect but it's may be usable, in some cases

Fillet Blend.jpg

VIDEO http://autode.sk/29KyMH2

cekuhnen
Mentor

True this would be good to have in general.

But why would you want such a terrible corner rounding result? 

As a designer it ticks me off when I always see those lazy G1 roundings in product design.

But you can also easily build this via surface tools. In this case Fusion's patch tools is amazing.

4.PNG

marlonstark
Advocate

hmmm terrible corner huh? Explain further,

Which is faster, making this in one blow using fillet of making this using surface?

cekuhnen
Mentor

@marlonstark With terrible I am not referring to the underlying NURBS mesh structure but the visual quality.

Faster is a problematic question. If something just takes a minute longer but has much better surface flows is that an issue?

Obviously making this type of a transition just with one fillet command would be ideal - truth to that.

Below is a different example showing you three different.

Left: Typical sharp rounding

Middle: Ball corner approach - at least top face has round corners

Right: All face corners are rounded

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 6.46.25 PM.png

The left example is what you see very often being used similar to only using G1 instead of at least G2 for rounding hard edges in consumer product designs.

I bring very often products to class to show my students how lazy very often designers/engineers are and how easily it would have been

to make a better highlight flow with a G2 rounding.

Stupid question but given that the one on the right is possible, why not make it (and G2, in general) the default ?

cekuhnen
Mentor

@roambotics_scott G2 is slower more complex because it is more computation intensive. A second row of CVs has to aligned.

kb9ydn
Advisor

So I think the takeaway from this is that the fillet tool just needs more options in general.  Smiley Very Happy

C|

cekuhnen
Mentor

@kb9ydn I agree - many Fusion tools need more options. Loft has G1 and G2 weight/scale options. The fillet tool has none.

While for loft you also cannot scale G1 and G2 points independently.

Fusion is pretty weak in this respect to be quite honest. It still feels like a beta software for beginners when it comes to such tool features

considering what is a standard with every other established software.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report