Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export BOM/Parts List to excel or other format

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Aaron.Magnin
8784 Views, 10 Replies

Export BOM/Parts List to excel or other format

In order to get BOM and Parts Lists into ERP and other systems, it would be helpful to be able to export those directly from a Fusion drawing.

Currently, you can do this by exporting the entire drawing to DWG, then using "TABLEEXPORT" in AutoCAD to get it to a CSV file, but its a bit of extra work. 

For those of you trying to do this now, here are some steps:

1. Export to DWG Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 9.37.06 AM.png

2. TABLEEXPORT from AutoCADScreen Shot 2016-03-24 at 9.37.18 AM.png

3. CSV to Excel (or other spreadsheet software) Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 9.39.59 AM.png

Aaron Magnin

Technical Marketing Manager Fusion 360

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
steina81
in reply to: Aaron.Magnin

That is a great solution however I do not own Autocad. I would vote for direct export.
Message 3 of 11
Aaron.Magnin

@steina81 So someone on YouTube mentioned they were able to do something similar with a pdf. I had trouble using that method, but it may help you. 

Aaron Magnin

Technical Marketing Manager Fusion 360

Message 4 of 11
schneik-adsk

I have a basic addin to do this here: https://github.com/schneik80/BOM-Export

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 11

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Are you referring to the export to DWG as the final solution provided? If so, that really is not a viable solution at all for many MANY users
Message 7 of 11
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, what @Aaron.Magnin has noted here is a complicated workaround... we know that you need the ability to export your Parts List directly from the Drawings environment into an excel-friendly format, and we've been working on it. In the early-November update coming soon, you'll be able to export a .csv of your Parts Lists (along with some other pretty exciting new features), so stay tuned! For more info on what we're working on and what our roadmap for Fusion Drawings is, check out our latest blog post here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/2d-drawings-check-roadmap/

-Timera

Message 8 of 11
rprilutsky

So is this feature available now? I can't find it... Can i export the Parts List into CSV ro similar format?

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: rprilutsky

@rprilutsky Yes, from the Output menu, select the CSV option, and then choose which table or parts list on a sheet you want exported.

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 9.27.31 AM.png

Message 10 of 11
PMNPMNPMN

Where is the output button now? I cannot find it anywhere... Or is there an alternate method?

Message 11 of 11
espablo

If you are looking for a program that creates a BOM and saves it to an Excel file, you can download such a program from this website and use it for free

https://espablo.pl/download.php?project=bom-excel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report