Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Drawing Function

Better Drawing Function

In my professional engineering life Drawing is the most important thing when I working.

As now Fusion 360 offer really small amount of Drawing option to me and I suggest that it need to be improve.

Here are my suggestions.

1. Atleast make it so after I convert file to dwg I can use another CAD to edit my drawing. Right now when I export it to another CAD the drawing just appear to have no model line in it. Make it completely unable to edit and in some case can not even open it. (If this was my fault I will be happy if you can point the solution for me. The CAD I use is Draftsight and LibreCAD)

2. Add function so we can manually add line or edit line in each view

3. Let us edit and/or create our own Drawing layout. It is really important for Engineering work.

4. Lacking of welding symblom is really a big no for me.

5. Adding more customize for text and line. (Line size, shape, color etc)

6. More option for center line and center mark. (Orientation basically)

Basically all engineering annotation and advance drawing.

(In true if you dont have enough man power for this just allow us to manually edit or

just as I write above make dwg file work on other CAD program and I will be happy)

Have high hope for this program and appreciate the work you guy done so far.

Just this drawing function that really dissatisfy me.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "drawing from model" function is the only thing that keeps me going back to Solidworks at 10 times the price.

Would gladly pay a grand for Fusion if it's drawing functions could match or exceed those of Solidworks.

Customers are used to drawings created in Solidworks and I can't duplicate them with the current module in Fusion.

Not complaining, because Fusion is fantastic. Just expressing my needs and priorities.

I hope Fusion flourishes and continues to evolve.

Keep up the good work.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Hi @sajjapongse, items #2-6 are in our backlog, thanks so much for the ideas. #1 is something you're experiencing because of the CAD systems you're using, and we aren't focusing our efforts right now on interop with these types of 3rd party CAD packages - we are working on rounding out and completing the functionality within the Drawings workspace first. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report