Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for name on new body creation

Ask for name on new body creation

Cheap but useful : each time we create a new body with a command > ask for a name pre-filled with "body xx". It saves time when you want to keep things organized.

F360-Ask-for-name-on-new-body.jpg

10 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

Agree very much - I stoped naming bodies also because the timeline commands often chop things apart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When creating new body, at the same time write a name before press OK

Body_Name.jpg

fredsi
Collaborator

Either as suggested by the OP, or immediately highlight in the browser for renaming  (hit RETURN to accept default name if no change is needed). Would extend this to sketches, really anything that gets listed in the browser. Would also add a toggle in preferences to enable/disable this functionality.

odolyte
Advocate

This has already been asked : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/ask-for-name-on-new-body-creation/idi...

You should search a little before posting, this only creates duplicates...

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装予定

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

jan_priban
Autodesk

Hi Tom,

I was not able to post my Add-In here, so please visit the post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/api-and-scripts/extrude-with-body-name-definition/td-p/5660670

Regards

Jan

jan_priban
Autodesk

Hi guys,

if you are interesting by simple "extrude" Add-In version, please go to Body Name

Regards

Jan

odolyte
Advocate

Hi @jan_priban !

If i understant correctly the naming is just available for the extrusion right?

If so we need this to be generalised each time we can create a new body : on all "create" objects, combine (when it creates a new body), revolve, sweep, loft... 

laughingcreek
Mentor

I would want this functionality for any thing that populates the tree.  Such as construction plans. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report