Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro Install

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
Anonymous
1319 Views, 34 Replies

Inventor Pro Install

Good morning,

I have not been able to download and install correctly my $$ version of inventor pro for weeks now. The install originally was solid until I made some setting changes to it. (one issue was A360 was just opening a blank window) so I tried to fix it and This is when the trouble began. after several attempts to repair I uninstalled Inventor and tried to reinstall. It installs but it isn't pro and locks the screen and has errors or states it need some service pack?. I downloaded what it said to do but states in still needs it?  If this was just 1 issue I would post it here. I really messed it up:( I do think it has something to do with license

What would be the quickest simplest way to resolve this? Call in? Screen share?

I'm using Windows7 on a Panasonic tough book 64bit and  at work a OptiPlex 9020 Dell with Windows7 64bit this works but I think it is not set up correctly- it locks the screen when opening software too.

Thanks and have a great day!

Karl

34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
jeff.pek
in reply to: Anonymous

What kinds of errors? Would be nice to see some additional details.

You said it's not pro. What edition did you install with? What product key did you use to activate?

Jeff
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff.pek

It has been a few weeks so I don't remember exactly what errors. Been using Fusion360

96911/ 969H1 keys 2015 2016 2017 all tried

I paid for Pro but doesn't give me the options in the download/management page.

I will try my lap top later again to refresh my memory of what exactly is going on when installing.AD cam forum1.jpg

Message 4 of 35
griffew

Hi Karl,

Your product key for Inventor HSM should be [969L1] (be sure to use the lower case "L")

Please try again, by entering your s/n and the product key above.

Please let us know if this does not work and I will call you directly to assist.

Message 5 of 35
jeff.pek
in reply to: griffew

It would not be an L, but an I (eye). That would be for the 2017 version.

As I mentioned in a PM, 969I1 is the Inventor HSM product key -- not Pro.

Jeff

Message 6 of 35
griffew

Thank you Jeff, for clarifying the correct product key!

Karl, Please let us know if you are still having problems with activation after entering the correct product key per Jeff's reply above.

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Wayne,

I'm home giving this a try. Fingers crossed:)  thanks for the response and PS  that last webinar you did was AWESOME!

@ Jeff thanks again

I'll update you guys  as soon as I get it installed either tonight or early AM.

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous

OK

I think I'm going to try reading some install tips. Not sure why it's greyd out?

The Pro version is greyed out?AD forums2.jpg

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous

Wayne,

I did not have any luck on the install of Pro. When I try to install it a window pop up states This file is temp unavailable please try again later.

Not sure what to do know?

Message 10 of 35
jeff.pek

Hi Karl -

Which install option are you using? Install Now? Download Manager? 

Can you show a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous

AD COM failure.jpgAD Componant Failure.jpgAD fILE UN AVAIL.jpg

Message 12 of 35
jeff.pek

Question: Do you already have Inventor installed? That is a prerequisite here.

I don't know that would explain what you're seeing, but that would be something that you need, regardless.

I wonder if you'd have better luck installing, first Inventor, then Inventor HSM, from the Account Portal (manage.autodesk.com), rather than from the Desktop App.

Jeff

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Jeff,

I used the portal first to install software, The desk top app was last. It popped up the window after a reboot this morning. Sorry I only have been using CAD/Cam for about 6 months so I am very green. thanks for your help.

Here is what is installedPrograms installed.jpg

Message 14 of 35
jeff.pek

OK, thanks. So it looks like a couple different versions (2015, 2016) of Inventor are installed. That should be OK.

I would focus on Inventor HSM 2017, since it's compatible with those older versions of Inventor.

When you download & install Inventor HSM, which option are you choosing (Download Now vs. Install Now)?

When you install, make sure you're leaving the browser window open that you initiated the install from (for Install Now).

If there are errors, there should be some log files written to %temp% -- would be good to see any of those.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous

Hi Jeff
I tried installing both ways

All I get is a greyed out window stating 2017 is already installed and unable to advance the install.
I have unistalled all version and tried again with no change.
At this point Im going to use Fusion for my home PC and keep using Inventor pro 2017 on my work PC.
I thought this would have been easier to resolve. I have spent more time with this than I would like to admit.
Thanks for your help anyways

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous

Hi -

I'm still not clear on exactly what you're doing or seeing.

Are you trying to install Inventor? Or Inventor HSM?

Can you show me the screen that shows the problem?

I'm OK with trying to work through this if you are.

Jeff

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous

Installed.png

Message 18 of 35
jeff.pek

OK, so it looks like both Inventor and Inventor HSM are installed.

Remind me what's not working? You have the Premium level license (which is the lower of the 2 paid tiers).

Jeff

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous

I can't find where 2017 is? So I can not open it. I see the file under the Autodesk file when I try to open I get this lost Comm error.Installed2.png

Message 20 of 35
Anonymous

I thought I paid for Pro? What tier is that?

I have it on my work PC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report