Did you mean: 

Inventor CAM - Machining Multiple Parts in one setup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bkeeneNEC7T
487 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor CAM - Machining Multiple Parts in one setup

I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I've dug through the forums and haven't found quite what I'm looking for. 

I have a hand full of parts to run, I was hoping to put two in the vise and get two done at once as shown below:

bkeeneNEC7T_0-1715347386906.png   bkeeneNEC7T_1-1715347418684.png

I don't see where to tell Inventor CAM what the right setup is G54 and the left is G55. 

I see under the Setup > Post Process tab that there is an option for Multiple WCS offsets. I think this is what I'm looking for, but I can't assign G54, G55... etc to anything specific. 

I want it to machine everything with tool 2 on both setups before moving on to tool 3, etc... And I think selecting the Operation Order: Order by tool will accomplish this? 

I've seen one forum post saying to use a setup for each tool to make this happen, but with the 'Multiple WCS offsets' checked I think with each setup I'd get greater and greater work offsets instead of going back and forth between G54/G55. 

Does anyone have any tips, or links to tutorials for setting up multiple parts? 

Also, will the different orientations cause issues?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Marco.Takx
in reply to: bkeeneNEC7T

Hi @bkeeneNEC7T,

You 
have to create 2 setups

First setup set in the post processor tab that is it WCS 1

Create all the toolpaths for that side.

Create a second setup and set on the post processor tab that it is WCS 2

Again create the operations for that setup. 

Now you can select Setup1 & Setup2 and Post Process those setups at once. 
you also can select within the post processor action to minimize toolchange for a optimal program. 

Hope this explanation helps you.

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 4

Hi

Have you checked the capabilities of the Pattern tool (in the CAM module, not modeling).

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 4
LastFX
in reply to: bkeeneNEC7T

ss3.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report