Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Cam , breaking edge with ball mill

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamesCipolloni7683
315 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Cam , breaking edge with ball mill

I need to break an edge along a compound angles, basically along 2 chamfers intersect using a 1/8 ball mill. I have tried using trace , it follows the path in simulation but not with posted g-code, in the passes tab I use sideways compensation "left" but it does not add a G41 cutter comp,   I attached files,  pic /g-code and .ipt . 

Any help /suggestions would be appreciated!

Jim

CIPCO

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
FTKnur
in reply to: JamesCipolloni7683

Hi @JamesCipolloni7683,

trace does not support in control compensation, that what you can select is only for the calculation. But do you realy need compensation for deburring?

Message 3 of 5
JamesCipolloni7683
in reply to: FTKnur

Thanks for the reply,  I may not need to cutter comp, there does not seem to be any relationship to what edge I select and where the ball mill actually goes , not much explanation at all on this,  we don't do close enough in this business .

using left in "sideways compensation" is it shifting the tool by 1/2 the dia.?  autodesk does not explain this.  

Message 4 of 5
FTKnur
in reply to: JamesCipolloni7683

In your Profile operation is the "chamfer" option selected. If you select this, then the calculation is realy crazy for a ballnose cutter. Sometimes things are a littlebit trial and error in HSM 😞

Message 5 of 5

I have used a modeled chamfer and flow toolpath with a ball mill to get those pesky chamfers.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report