Did you mean: 

trying edit post for 5axismaker

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
Anonymous
6351 Views, 62 Replies

trying edit post for 5axismaker

I am trying to edit post processor for 5axismaker which is controlled by mach3.

This machine is head-head machine the B, C axis with axis offset.( see attachment)

So, I try to setup the axis of machine from  post processor

I test these two settings to generate gcode, but all of them are the same, seems setting offset for axis is no difference.

if (true) {
var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, 1, 0], offset: [0, 30.44, 0], range:[-190,190], preference:0});
var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:false, axis:[0, 0, 1], offset: [0, 0, 57.1], range:[-360,360], preference:0 ,cyclic: properties._cyclic});
machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(bAxis, cAxis);

if (true) {
var bAxis = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, 1, 0], offset: [0, 0, 0], range:[-190,190], preference:0});
var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:false, axis:[0, 0, 1], offset: [0, 0, 0], range:[-360,360], preference:0 ,cyclic: properties._cyclic});
machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(bAxis, cAxis);

what did I do wrong?

62 REPLIES 62
Message 61 of 63
bob.schultz
in reply to: Sverhu

The RS-274 Multi-axis post processor is a working post processor.  To setup your machine to offset the coordinates for the A-axis and B-axis you should change the definition of the machine in the defineMachine function to look like the following (replace the existing lines with these lines).  You will notice that the head offsets are now defined in the createAxis commands and the post engine will offset the coordinates for you.

/**
  Defines a hardcoded machine configuration
*/
function defineMachine() {
  if (!receivedMachineConfiguration) { // CAM provided machine configuration takes precedence
  // if (true) { // hardcoded machine configuration takes precedence
    // define machine kinematics
    var useTCP = false;
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], offset:[0, 0, toPreciseUnit(190.4344, MM)], range:[-120.00, 120.00], preference:-1});
    var cAxis = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:false, axis:[0, 0, 1], offset:[toPreciseUnit(-0.40, MM), toPreciseUnit(0.62, MM), 0], cyclic:true, range:[-360000.00, 360000.00], preference:1});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis, cAxis);

// multiaxis settings
    if (machineConfiguration.isHeadConfiguration()) {
      machineConfiguration.setVirtualTooltip(true); // translate the pivot point to the virtual tool tip for nonTCP rotary heads
    }

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 62 of 63
Sverhu
in reply to: bob.schultz

G-code error

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 13.24.51.jpeg

Message 63 of 63
Sverhu
in reply to: bob.schultz

Hello, I want to thank you for your help. I had to add tcp:useTCP after preference:1, it didn't work out any other way, the machine's computer didn't understand, issued a G-code error. There is another problem, the length of the tool or the length of the axis of rotation A is unclear, it is deeply cut at an angle inward. I tried changing the size, but it didn't help. Perhaps it was influenced by my changes that I added. I will continue to experiment, while slowly studying the Post Processor Training Guide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report