Did you mean: 

Thermwood Model 67 5-axis router

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
djsfathomtree
6520 Views, 18 Replies

Thermwood Model 67 5-axis router

Hi,

We have two Thermwood routers for 5-axis milling/routing - Model 67.
http://www.thermwood.com/header/brochures/Multi5Axis_code.pdf

Both machines have a dual ended spindle.

How would we go about obtaining a post and machine simulation environment from within Solidworks?

Regards,
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
fonsecr
in reply to: djsfathomtree

We do not have a prepared posts for this available. I assume you use the QCore CNC control.

First we need the programming documentation which you can send to posts@hsmworks.com. Then we can start making a post for it.

The posts for the wood industry often require more work since there can be some very specific requirements. You should contact your reseller which will help you collect/document all your requirements.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 3 of 19

Thanks Rene,

The control we use is about 10 years old, the Super Control 91000, based on a 1Ghz Pentium III motherboard.  I have sent over a copy of the manual to the email above.

This is the kind of large pattern making we would be doing on these machines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mADGZWhBj8
Message 4 of 19
fonsecr

I already had a generic Thermwood post which matches your CNC control. I have sent it to you for testing.

By default you will only get arcs in G17/G18/G19 planes when using the post. If you enable "allow3DArcs" in the post dialog you will also get 3D arcs in any plane using G72 and G73. You have to check if this works for your control, though.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 5 of 19

Thanks!

I'll have a look at it this week.

Who would we speak to about a machine simulation model?  Is that an assembly we can mock up here?  How does HSMWorks interact with the model?

Regards,

David.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

René Fonseca wrote:

I already had a generic Thermwood post which matches your CNC control. I have sent it to you for testing.

By default you will only get arcs in G17/G18/G19 planes when using the post. If you enable "allow3DArcs" in the post dialog you will also get 3D arcs in any plane using G72 and G73. You have to check if this works for your control, though.

Hi Rene! I'd like to test the Thermwood post, and I was wondering if can you please send it to me?? Thanks!

Message 7 of 19
fonsecr

You got mail.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

hi
i too am looking for a post processor for thermwood c67 5axis
i use solidcam for solidworks and alphacam 5 axis router

can anyone help???
Message 9 of 19
fonsecr

The post here only works with HSMXpress and HSMWorks for SolidWorks.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 10 of 19

Don't forget CAM 360 and Inventor HSM.

Post here work for them too  ;D
---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

Hi All,

Would it be possible to get a copy of this post processor. We have a C67 here and whenever I try the generic Thermwood post processor I only get 3-axis of movement from a Multi-Axis contour. When I simulate it 5-axis of movement are used.

Is it something as simple as a setting I am missing.

Thanks, Ben  🙂
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Hello everybody, I don't know if I am posting at the right place, sorry if it's not.

I take a look at the forum, and get the thermwood 67 solidworks assembly model, used it to change for a thermwood c67DT, changed all the configurations at the machine configurations, as Xmax, Ymax, Zmax, origin point, spindle speed, generate a machine simulation, and looked ok, but when a post process, used the thermwood generic that cames with HSMxpress, everything goes ok, until it runs at machine. The first problem is that Z isn't going down to the table (I'm using for a 2D count for a flat PS 2mm) and the second error says - Y axis out of bounds - so, I guess I did something thing wrong in the configurations, don't know if it was at origin point, or at the machine work area. Does anybody make it works? I'm trying 2D countors for now, this is why I m using HSMxpress, but since I make it works, the next step will be purchase a HSMworks license for 3D models.

Thx a lot.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Ok, I figured out what is my problem, the HSMxpress is generating g-code with g90, so, using absolute corrdinates, and the thermwood C67DT are trying to use incremental coordinates, so, when i got y17 and in next line y18, the machine is trying to move to y35, and than show the msg - Y out of bounds - does anyone knows how to solve it? make hsmxpress to incremental or thermwood to absolute coordinate system?

Thx a lot.
Again, I don't know if someone has answerd it before, I really read all topics I found about Thermwood 67 and didnt find.
Message 14 of 19
A.Botello
in reply to: fonsecr

Hi Rene! I'd like to test the Thermwood post, and I was wondering if can you please send it to me, I have a thermwood 67 5 axis whith single spindel ?? Thanks!

Message 15 of 19
adamnowickiart
in reply to: A.Botello

Hi, i was wondering if there are any updates to this posting. I am getting an 08 thermwood c67 which has been upgraded to a 2011 super controller 91k etc., and want to use fusion 360. So were looking for a post/help or guidance with the machine in general.  Thanks in advance!

Message 16 of 19

Hi there

Did you ever find a machine simulation?  We are looking for the same thing.

Thank you,  Carl

Message 17 of 19

Hi,

Not yet but i am in touch with another gentleman about making a post and all that. We are receiving our machine come the second week of January, and likely won’t be ready to start playing with it till March. So in the meantime im prepping.

What do you use your machine for? If you don’t mind me asking.

Best,
Adam
Message 18 of 19

Hi there

Thanks for letting me know.  We are a patternmaking shop.  We use it for
wood and plastic patterns and fixtures.

Carl McCaskell

Message 19 of 19

Carl,

Any luck on getting your post?  We have some luck at the moment with a rev2 that we found and I modified it a little bit for the C and B axis.  Only issue I'm having is with some programming complications with fusion 5 axis and then when I post, it keeps giving me an outside the envelope error.  This specifically was happening with Swarf.  Though, I haven't tested it just yet on other types of cut paths.  Hopefully its something that Thermwood is able to help me understand as I am waiting to hear back from them on .cnc file I sent them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report