Siemens Sinumerik 808D Post Processor

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
chris_IgniteDigi
9295 Views, 19 Replies

Siemens Sinumerik 808D Post Processor

Hi,

I have Optimill F80TC which is running a Siemens 808D Controller.

I have tried to use the Siemense 802 post processor that is available currently in Fusion 360, however it puts in the following lines which throw errors.

N15 G23 G0 Z0    This line causes the controller to throw an error based on exceeding the Z Axis software limit, if I comment this line out (insert ; in front of it) Then the next error I get is that the feed rate has not been set. So I have edited the file with the feedrate (setting F1349 on line N20).

After completing these two steps the file runs as expected up until the end, where is throws the same Z Axis software limit on line

N3008 G53 Z0

A public link to the file is http://a360.co/1XmN9DP

I would love any suggestions to fix this. 

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

I have removed the G53 Z0 lines and forced the feedrate to appear on the spindle speed line (the same as you edited).. Please find the new post attached, check the code carefully.

Does this give the correct results?

Cheers

Message 3 of 20

Thanks!! It looks like it will do the trick, I will try running the code on the machine first up in the morning.

Thanks

Message 4 of 20

Awesome :). Please mark as solution if it works tomorrow 🙂

Cheers

Message 5 of 20

Hi George, 

Thanks for the help, the post processor now generates output that runs!!

Of interest I went through the program and found that the feedrate value is input several times, I'm not quite sure why, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance.

Thank you

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: chris_IgniteDigi

Hey Guys.
I am finding a problem of finding a post Processor for Siemens 808D and 828 D.Any suggestion where can I find it ?.
Message 7 of 20
chris_IgniteDigi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I ended up starting with the 840 post processor from the website and tinkered with it to get it to work with the 808 Controller.

Cheers

Message 8 of 20
lukexm2
in reply to: George-Roberts

HI George, I happen to have the same machine as Chris above (Optimill F80 TC) and tried using the Modified Siemens.cps code that you supplied previously, however I still get "Block N49 axis Z software limit switch alarming out. Wondering if you have any ideas why that might occur? 

I've attached the output code for reference, seems that it trips out when "N49 Z12". I have to re-home the axis to run code again. 

Maybe something has changed in recent version of F360 cam that is causing this? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Luke

Message 9 of 20
chris_IgniteDigi
in reply to: lukexm2

Hey Luke,

Start out with the 840 post processor to get rid of those errors 👍
Message 10 of 20

Hey @George-Roberts,

Thanks for posting this post. When I have posted with this so far it will always skip the first hole when using a drilling cycle. I've attached a sample post for drilling, the code tells it to move to the first hole (X.5 Y-.5) at N21 then enters the MCall Cycle81 and proceeds to move to the next hole. I can get around this by manually editing the code but being forgetful I don't always remember. If you have a solution or can point me to somewhere that I can read about how to edit this directly in the post it'd be appreciated.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: euclidmandd

any solution to this drilling issue? 

Message 12 of 20
euclidmandd

I'm not sure exactly where we got it, but we eventually switched to a post for Sinumerik 840D and that's been working fine.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: George-Roberts

I need your help to create a post processor for controller siemens 808D turning

Message 14 of 20
KrupalVala

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have a generic Siemens Turning Post processor. You can download it from here.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: KrupalVala

I find only for milling

Message 16 of 20
KrupalVala

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's a Turning post processors for siemens controller.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

Siemens sinumerik 808D post processor

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Siemens 808D post processor

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: chris_IgniteDigi

Fusion 360

Message 20 of 20
KrupalVala

HI @Anonymous ,

We have a generic Siemens Turning & Milling post processor. You can download it from following links

Thanks,

Krupal Vala

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report