Did you mean: 

Post processor code for Mazak that uses FPR on tapping only

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
triggerguard1
749 Views, 12 Replies

Post processor code for Mazak that uses FPR on tapping only

I've got a Mazak VTC-16B that has a Mplus control.  I tweaked a Haas post to add in T00 before each tool change, which was required in order for it to work.  My problem is now, the only way it will rigid tap, is if its feed is coming in by feed per revolution, rather than IPM.  It uses IPM on everything else, just not tapping.
This is really the only thing I need fixed,  and it's ready to roll.
Any help with the code would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
KrupalVala
in reply to: triggerguard1

Hi @triggerguard1 ,

Please Remove the machineState.tapping from the following condition. 

gFeedModeModal.reset();
  if ((currentSection.feedMode == FEED_PER_REVOLUTION) ||  machineState.axialCenterDrilling) {
    writeBlock(getCode("FEED_MODE_UNIT_REV")); // unit/rev
  } else {
    writeBlock(getCode("FEED_MODE_UNIT_MIN")); // unit/min
  }

Save the post modification and test the code. You will not get a FPR tapping output.

Thanks, 

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 3 of 13

I need FPR on tapping only in my machine.  It doesn't except IPM on tapping feedrate.  What I ended up doing was taking a generic Mazak post and adding in my "T00" to the toolchange sequence and figuring out how to add a G53 Y0 and Z0.
The only thing I have left to figure out, is how to remove the "K" in a G83 line, which is  the minimum Z peck distance.  I've never need that before and it subtracts the distance from my R plane, potentially causing a crash.  It is amongst the settings to alter the value, but I would just soon see it not there.  My machine doesn't not need it in order to run that can cycle.
If you program the following line it would crash by .100"
G83 Z-1. R.1 Q.2 F10. K.2
I want the above line, without the K, but in settings, it won't allow you to set that to zero.  I guess my workaround is to put it at .010 or .001 or something, but it would be nice for it to just be gone.

Message 4 of 13
KrupalVala

Hi @triggerguard1 ,

I'm not sure which Mazak postprocessor you are using.
Please send me the post, CAM project/Toolpath, and expected NC output. I will check and guide you where the code needs to be updated.

Thanks, 

Krupal Vala
Message 5 of 13
triggerguard1
in reply to: KrupalVala

So far everything on this post is working the way I want it to, less the "K" in a G83 line.

I would like the code to come out as follows:

G90 G83 G0 X0 Y0 Z-1. R.1 Q.2 F10.

Nothing in the setting allows that part of the code to be omitted, so it leaves nothing but modifying the post to make it happen, which I don't know how to do to that extent.
Thank you for any help you could provide.

Message 6 of 13
KrupalVala

Hi @triggerguard1 ,

The K value is the difference of cycle retract & cycle stock.

var k0 = cycle.retract - cycle.stock;

If you want to remove the K value from the deep-drilling cycle, go to the function onCyclePoint(xyz) { and search for below and change it from these to..
writeBlock(
          gRetractModal.format(98), gAbsIncModal.format(90), gCycleModal.format(83),
          getCommonCycle(x, y, z, cycle.retract),
          "Q" + xyzFormat.format(tz),
          feedOutput.format(F),
          conditional(k0 > 0, "K" + xyzFormat.format(k0))
        );
      }

these.

writeBlock(
          gRetractModal.format(98), gAbsIncModal.format(90), gCycleModal.format(83),
          getCommonCycle(x, y, z, cycle.retract),
          "Q" + xyzFormat.format(tz),
          feedOutput.format(F)
        );

Thanks, 

Krupal Vala
Message 7 of 13

So, I tried your solution, but to no avail.  I have included a link to my screencast of the issue at hand.  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
https://autode.sk/3A6IjVQ

Message 8 of 13
KrupalVala

Hi @triggerguard1 ,

I think the post location or post is not the same which you have modified. Could you please verify the post location?
OR, You can click on "Edit Post Configuration" as shown below screenshot.It will open a post editor window where you can edit the post and cross-check the post-modification. (Whether or not the K factor value is still there.) 

KrupalVala_1-1624942641237.png

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Message 9 of 13
triggerguard1

Apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I hadn't received any notification that you had indeed responded again.  I have double checked the post location and while I know my screencast was a little difficult to follow, you can see near the end that I did modify the G83 section of the post like you described.  The G73 part of the post I did not modify and it still had the "K" included, where is the G83 line it has been ommitted.
Again, I believe there must be something else in the settings to fix this, since the "K" comes up as a box that you have to fill with a number in order for it to function.

Message 10 of 13
KrupalVala

HI @triggerguard1 ,

The G73 is chip-breaking cycle. if you wan to remove the K value then follow the same step.

Remove the conditional(k0 > 0"K" + xyzFormat.format(k0)) from the chip-breaking cycle.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Message 11 of 13
triggerguard1

I only mentioned the G73 part of the programming to illustrate that the "K" is still present, where is I had removed it from the G83, per your suggestion.

I almost never use a G73, but rather rely heavily on G83, which is why I'm trying to figure out how to remove the "K" from the programming.

The post that I uploaded has been modified as you suggest, yet the "K" is still present in a G83 canned cycle.  

Message 12 of 13
KrupalVala

HI @triggerguard1 ,

There are no other settings that control the K value. K value is only one variable.

You are getting a K value in the deep-drilling cycle due to the wrong post location. Here I have recorded a short video where I have shown the possibility of getting a K value if the user has chosen the wrong post or location.

Please Let me know if you still facing an issue after the test.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Message 13 of 13

Thank you very much.  That is apparently what was going on.  Took a few tries to get the post edited like you did, but all is working as it should.  That will be a big timesaver moving forward.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report