Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
HSM Post Processor Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to expand my current Haas post processor to show flute length/length of cut to my posts.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
toolinghytechusa
435 Views, 4 Replies

Looking to expand my current Haas post processor to show flute length/length of cut to my posts.

I'm unfamiliar with the coding process of editing the post processor. I tried a suggested edit but it did not work out very well. The file I included is my current post processor, any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Eric, @toolinghytechusa ,

To get the Cutting tool flute length inside the tool list, You need to add below code at given location(Screenshot).

Code:

comment += " " + localize("Flute Length") + "=" + xyzFormat.format(tool.fluteLength);

KrupalVala_0-1616737827538.png

For post modification/editing, You can use any editor tool or use Visual Studio code.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 3 of 5

I have inserted code in the location shown but it will not post out.  I posted the cps file to see where I may have went wrong.

Thank You, 

Eric Russell

Message 4 of 5

HI @toolinghytechusa ,

Please add " " inside the brackets.

("Flute Length")

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 5 of 5

Oh my goodness how did I miss that.  That did it, thank you soooo much, I really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report