Did you mean: 

Hurco 5 axis (VM10u) 4 axis substitution & 3+2 pattern back to 3 axis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
758 Views, 2 Replies

Hurco 5 axis (VM10u) 4 axis substitution & 3+2 pattern back to 3 axis

Hi,

I've had a few specific issues with my post(I'm not sure if I should've split them into separate questions?), I solved some, and still have some remaining issues:

• After completing a series of 3+2 operations (possibly, but not sure, only after they are circular patterned) the axes do not reset for 3 axis operations that come after the 3+2. Seems like there should be an axis reset afterwards.

• G43.3 Q1, the following G0 I J K command was throwing out of axis limit errors. I found this to be that the G0 also needs X Y Z I J K, to prevent linear limits, but I also was occasionally getting rotary axis limits. I was manually adding the XYZ coordinates. But then I included lines 822, and 830-837, to include a G8.2 XYZIJK between the M128 and G43.4 - This seems to have fixed issues I was having with both G43.3 and G68.2

• Clamps on A and C axes were not unclamping when going into 3 axis moves.  I commented out lines 166-178 for A and C axes because they were always disabling the axes, and now i'm getting the appropriate M13 M33 commands.
    - Perhaps that will also fix the 3+2 ops mentioned above? I havne't had a chance to test yet.

I guess my question is if there are any comments on my changes or how to fix the issues, or if the changes I made might lead to other problems? (This is my first venture into modifying the post)

thx

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i sympathize with you on most of these issues.
Message 3 of 3
AchimN
in reply to: Anonymous

I see that there is a G69 to reset the workplane (cancel G68.2), does that not work for you?

Achim.N
Principal Technology Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report