Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d tool comp

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
766 Views, 11 Replies

3d tool comp

so, can i add 3d tool comp to the generic hurco post? is that function supported? I believe its a g41.2?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
skidsolo
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a little more information regarding the G code you mentioned. Even better do you have the programming manual as a pdf file ?
Andrew W. Software engineer (CAM Post Processors)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

im looking https://youtu.be/ebpsLop-b7o
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

http://www.hurco.com/media/Manuals/WinMax%20Mill%20Programming.pdf

pg 403

and 500
Message 5 of 12
Laurens-3DTechDraw

This is an incredibly interesting question actually.
Since AutoDesk CAM Multi-axis gives the post only the tools centerpoint and Angles as far as I know this would be very hard to solve.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

i'm thinking its going to be a lot arithmetic and conditional functions within the post... on second thought it maybe a lot more
Message 7 of 12
Laurens-3DTechDraw

StevenShaw wrote:

i'm thinking its going to be a lot arithmetic and conditional functions within the post...

Well the conditional feature's aren't that many I think. But you need some for undercuts for example. If they would ever happen, can the control handle it? Nobody seems to know so you have to exclude those, and actually it would be best to fail or give a warning and output in computer compensation. So that is kind of tricky.

And the calculation is impossible if you don't have or the contact point of the surface normal vector(Tricky explanation i know).

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Makes perfect sense. I began to think about it and realized with the only information being tool location and there is no way to determine what part of the tool is engaged. talked with hurco applications, they said undercutting is supported for g41.2 (which i thought was cool) however, it sounded like the guy was talking out of his rear... I don't suppose this function can be supported on this cam system as a whole 

Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:

StevenShaw wrote:

i'm thinking its going to be a lot arithmetic and conditional functions within the post...

Well the conditional feature's aren't that many I think. But you need some for undercuts for example. If they would ever happen, can the control handle it? Nobody seems to know so you have to exclude those, and actually it would be best to fail or give a warning and output in computer compensation. So that is kind of tricky.

And the calculation is impossible if you don't have or the contact point of the surface normal vector(Tricky explanation i know).
Message 9 of 12
scottmoyse

Forgive my ignorance here. I've watched that video before, but isn't 3D tool comp another version / name from TCP?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

RevOps Strategy Manager at Toolpath. New Zealand based.

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 10 of 12
Laurens-3DTechDraw

scottmoyse wrote:

Forgive my ignorance here. I've watched that video before, but isn't 3D tool comp another version / name from TCP?

The simpel answer is no.
TCP gives to the ability to do 5-axis simultaneous contours, 3D Tool compensation adds the ability to change tool diameter on the machine to correct the output due to difference in tool diameter, wear, deflection whatever you want to compensate for.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 11 of 12
scottmoyse

Gotcha... In control vs In Computer essentially. In super simple terms.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

RevOps Strategy Manager at Toolpath. New Zealand based.

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 12 of 12
Laurens-3DTechDraw

scottmoyse wrote:

Gotcha... In control vs In Computer essentially. In super simple terms.

Indeed.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report