Did you mean: 

Dynapath Delta 20 - Post processor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hometalworx
322 Views, 5 Replies

Dynapath Delta 20 - Post processor

Hello! 

I have a new to me Dynapath Delta 20 controlled mill made back in 1988. I am trying to drip feed via RS232. I am using the generic post processor in Fusion 360. I am not having any luck with file transfer. Because the machine is new to me, I do not have any former successful posts. I do have the programming manual which has been a big help in getting everything setup properly. 

Can anyone help me with a post processor that has proven successful on their Delta 20 controlled Mill? Maybe then I can edit as needed. 

Thank you!

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KrupalVala
in reply to: hometalworx

Hi @hometalworx ,

Have you had a chance to check with the DynaPath Delta Milling post processor? It's specifically designed for Delta controls and may provide better compatibility for your machine.

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 3 of 6
hometalworx
in reply to: KrupalVala

@KrupalVala 

Thank you for your quick reply! If this is the post available in the library, then yes! This is what I am currently trying to use. 

I am not having any luck with the start of the drip feed.

Message 4 of 6
KrupalVala
in reply to: hometalworx

Hi @hometalworx ,

Could you please provide me with details about the modifications you are looking for in the Dynapath Delta 20 post processor? Additionally, are you encountering any errors when running the codes on the machine?

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation
Message 5 of 6

Hello @hometalworx 

Fusion does NOT support any file transfer functionality toward the machine.
Whether it's a regular serial transfer, or drip feed, it's not in Fusion capabilities.
I will encourage you to look at solutions like Cimco or find an open source machine communication software.

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 6 of 6

Hello @serge.quiblier 

Thank you for your response! I under that fusion does not have buffered feed capabilities.  I post the program to a .txt file onto a USB drive. I have been trying to use a shop floor automation dnc device to communicate with the machine. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report