Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCS Offset both direction option

WCS Offset both direction option

When you have a situation like below, it would be nice to have a option that after tool change it starts at the latest WCS and goes all the way back to the first  WCS.

Their is a work around like below but it is more nice to have that option in the Setup.

Hopefully the pictures below explane more.

Situation.jpg

Option.jpg

14 Comments
KRoser_12
Advocate

There is check box in post dialog box (tool sorting, i don´t know how its exatly in english) that in HSMworks do same thing that you post, but in InventorHSM it do nothing wen you have that feature check. I almost for year begging developer to fix it in this forum thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/inventor-hsm-tool-sorting-doesen-t-work/m-p/6...

but nothing so far. I need to use this feature every day.

@KRoser_12 Yeah but the feature in HSMWorks is broken at this moment.

KRoser_12
Advocate

Ok i was using HSMWorks maybe two years ago. Thats funny so there is check box for feature that does nothing in HSMWorks and InventorHSM? Thats drives me crazy.

Anyway this feature is basic cam function in my mind and it really needs fix or implement like Marco abowe sugested.

mattmarcum64
Observer

Did this ever get fixed?  I am having the same problem.  Also would like to not have to go to G53 Z0 every time it switches WCS.

@mattmarcum64

No.

I've tried to get everyone on board with this but development doesn't care about this at all.

While it should be a 2-second fix on their end and a huge time saver on the users end. 

Steinwerks
Mentor

Not just time saver, but sanity saver.

No one wants to see bad sorting, it just feels bad.

Also... 78 votes!!! Smiley Frustrated

KRoser_12
Advocate

Yeah, its sad. I have been pointing out this issue since inventorHSM was released and still they dont care. I think they are focusing on breaking things. This is just cam features 101 for me, advanced tool path sorting shuld be on every cam no mather what.

I lost all hope for usefull features in InventorHSM.

Since he is going through sorting Idea's today. Let's ping @al.whatmough and see if we can get an answer on this one too.

al.whatmough
Alumni

@Laurens-3DTechDraw yes, please do ping me on any ideas like this that need to be addressed.

Regarding this issue.  There are several stages of development needed to get here.

1) Complete machine configurations in Inventor / Fusion

2) Introduce an NC node to the browser.  This will add a place to visualize how the code is output and ordered.  

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

@al.whatmough

To be honest I believe the point here is vice versa.

No need for machine configuration to just do the ordering of the multiple WCS correct.

The machine configuration will still not know what WCS is placed where in the machine so that will not bring any extra to this.

Nor will the NC node add anything if the ordering is still messed up.

BTW. HSMWorks doesn't even have the operation order option so that really has an issue with this since the system just goes all over the place in the ordering.

Marco.Takx
Mentor

Hi @al.whatmough,

Please check if it is possible to build this in.

Yesterday I spoke with a customer who I helped with a nice order of +1000 parts.

I helped him before my holiday and it was a lot of work to make several setups to get the same result as I explained in this simple case.

He was very thankful for my help in creating this workaround for him.

It was an extreme time saver. But to create this workaround it cost time and that's a shame.

Please give this a boost!

Steinwerks
Mentor

I still think this is a necessity. Base-level efficiency can't be ignored, although this idea has been around nearly three years now with no movement as it is still set to Under Review.

martin_walter
Advocate

Well, having a Pattern that actually incremented workOffsets(and maybe even passing their respective coordinate offsets of their origin to the post, so that probing those workoffsets would actually work easily and safely) - that would be something.

As I see it, the setup option for duplicating the NC-Code for each workOffset/Origin already is a b*****t approach as it is...

This could be so easy!

But the current state of affairs regarding this subject is a nightmare for customers, in my opinion (and experience).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report