Announcements
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow import of 3D Tool Holders from manufacturers

Allow import of 3D Tool Holders from manufacturers

There are Tool companies that have 3D files of their holders to be used in CAM software why not have this capability to use this data in the HSM products.

I also have many that I have made in SW over the years, just a heck of alot easier than all the steps you have to go thru now to make up holders.

12 Comments

I fully agree. I suspect it's for the same reason form cutters still aren't a thing (at least in Fusion, can't speak to the rest of the HSM platform)

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great if it was compatible with MachiningCloud.  They are already have a bunch of tool manufactures signed up for it and a few CAM packages as well. https://www.machiningcloud.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

it should be simple for them to implement, since you already can do it for a Form Tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, it would be fun if it were a tool option to import from a previously done assemby.
In the Import Wizard, you could select a tool and holder.
Well if you were to do it for milling and turning jobs.

ArjanDijk
Advisor

@vernonkleinsasser: I doubt that it would be simple. Machine cloud uses STEP/STL if i'm right and HSM does at best a revolve of a sketch. You will need a complete different tool def.

@ArjanDijk

Actaully adding a axis through the step would fix any issue with not having a true revolve if you ask me.

But one day with tool Library 2.0 we might get lucky.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would be fantastic for turning tools. We have some Capto tools that are difficult to define and its not possible to define the body for collision checking

@Anonymous

Sadly I believe this isn't part of the long awaited Tool Library 2.0

cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

ISO 13399 tool library please!

Lennart_Losjo
Advocate

Totally agree

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fusion 360 ability to import tool geometry to 'tool holders' please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report