Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spun profile for turning

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
fonsecr
6853 Views, 28 Replies

Spun profile for turning

In the latest HSMWorks 2014 development release we have added an early preview of the upcoming "Spun Profile" feature.

At the moment the turning strategies will automatically slice the selected part to get the 2D profile to be machined along the ZX plane. However, this only works if you can find an ZX plane where the slice includes the entire "spun" part. If the part is a mill/turn part you might be required to make the profile manually in a sketch.

However, with the new Spun Profile feature you will be able to automate this task. Note that the feature is currently not integrated directly in the turning strategies but must be run separately. Furthermore, arcs support is being added at the moment so far now you will only get lines in the spun profile.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

So we'll be able to use the two features separately?
Great to hear!

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 22 of 29
fonsecr
in reply to: fonsecr

I looked through the SolidWorks commands but I could not find a command to change the color of the sketch.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 23 of 29

René Fonseca wrote:

I looked through the SolidWorks commands but I could not find a command to change the color of the sketch.

See attached René.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 24 of 29
fonsecr

Got it 🙂

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 25 of 29
fonsecr

I set the color now to red-orange. I don't want to add an option to set the color at least for now. Lets see if any complains.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 26 of 29

Let's see those fancy lines next release.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 27 of 29
fonsecr

Ok. I did confirm it here but not under all versions of SolidWorks. I'll test again later.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 28 of 29
fonsecr

I have reproduced it in SW2014. Seems SW2014 behaves differently and clears the colors after they have been set. I have opened ticket #6920. Low priority though.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 29 of 29
fonsecr

The Spun Profile feature has now been updated to allow automatic creating of the Spun solid for both Part and Assembly mode. Still needs a little testing.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report