Did you mean: 

HSMWorks 2014 R2

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
fonsecr
4966 Views, 24 Replies

HSMWorks 2014 R2

Hi all,

HSMWorks 2014 R1 was release a few days ago and we are now getting ready fro the R2 release which is probably ready some time after Autodesk University next month (aiming for mid-December).

The R2 release has a lot of internal changes so we need a longer testing period this time. It also means that you should verify the toolpath more carefully for now if you want to try it out. If you encounter issues you can always revert to the R1 release which is the one you should be using for production anyway 🙂

René Fonseca
Software Architect

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

René are the internal changes for something big coming up? 8)

Were would the problems occur? milling, turning or both?

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 3 of 25
fonsecr
in reply to: fonsecr

They apply to all strategies.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 4 of 25
fonsecr

HSMWorks 2014 R2 has general performance improvements which depending on your PC and machining settings can reduce your calculation time by 10%-20%.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 5 of 25

René,

I gotta say, the toolpath calculation has changed, but not for the better in my view. Even with the latest release the calculation takes longer, and asks more of the pc in cpu and ram, which causes the pc to slow down when going on with programming when it is calculating.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 6 of 25
fonsecr

For an exact setting for setting comparison R2 will be faster and memory usage will be the same.

If you send an example with an old and new operation we can check what is different in your case.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 7 of 25
Rob.Lockwood

3DTechDraw wrote:

René,

I gotta say, the toolpath calculation has changed, but not for the better in my view. Even with the latest release the calculation takes longer, and asks more of the pc in cpu and ram, which causes the pc to slow down when going on with programming when it is calculating.

I seem to agree, without having read this thread until today, calculation times, specifically with 2D Adaptive, seem to have increased. Its all speculative, I haven't done any head to head tests.. R2.35575

Rob Lockwood
Maker of all the things.
| Oculus | | Locked Tool | | Instagram |

Message 8 of 25
fonsecr

There is an updated development release now. It fixes some issues with the toolpath. It isn´t related to performance though.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 9 of 25

Will, look if I can install a previous version on a pc somewhere(don't want to mess with the current installs). What confuses me the most is that it says it's at 100% within 10 seconds but then the generation takes 50.

Will test it asap, with old version too.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 10 of 25
kb9ydn

3DTechDraw wrote:

Will, look if I can install a previous version on a pc somewhere(don't want to mess with the current installs). What confuses me the most is that it says it's at 100% within 10 seconds but then the generation takes 50.

Will test it asap, with old version too.

I noticed this with Xpress R1.  When generating an adaptive path it goes to 100% almost instantly, then stays there until it's done (which in one case was like a minute).  It does also seem slower than the previous version but that could be just an illusion caused by the progress percentage being wrong.

C|
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous

For some reason does not work adaptive 2D milling (Win 32 bit).
More've no longer tried, HSMWorks writes: Failed to run kernel
Can you please look at it?
  This is a development version.
The 2014 R1.35363 is all OK.
Message 12 of 25

Best way to get those problems sorted tomi is by using send feedback, than the support guys have all the info they need, to see what's wrong.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous

I tested yesterday the latest development version, and it seems that the problem on Windows XP has been resolved (by post from last weekend with the team HSMWorks).
thanks
Message 14 of 25
fonsecr

The R2 release is getting closer and we will focus on the stability now rather than adding more features.

So if critical issues pop up let us know.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 15 of 25
fonsecr

A new development release is now available. This is the release candidate for HSMWorks 2014 R2.

Please note that you can get an error during install due to an incorrect graphics folder issue. You can ignore this error.

If you uninstall HSMWorks first and then reinstall I think the problem should go away. Alternatively you can just delete the "graphics" folder in the HSMWorks installation folder before you install.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 16 of 25

Tried the removing of the graphics folder and it worked!

The only remarks I have, not sure they are a big problem:

• The Lead in for 2d contour has issue's, first rapid, than cuttingfeed, then plunge feed, than cutting feed again.(send in feedback for this)

• And the chip thinning has some little points as discussed here on the forum.

• Operations no longer invalidate when copied to another job even-though this has a different WCS

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

René for Legend.

Message 17 of 25
fonsecr

The latest development is the final release candidate. This release takes care of the remaining pending issues.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 18 of 25
fonsecr

HSMWorks 2014 R2 just went hot. It is now available for download from the main download page.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

Hi René,

I've checked that you've added "Extended API for machine configuration."

Can I grab the post-processor from the machine configuration and use it for the exectue post.exe? Can I assume that you also handle the Job itself to get machine configuration data, right?
Does it handle multiple Jobs? Say 3 Jobs, each for a differente machines, and therefore different posts,  all created in one shot?  Need to automate this ASAP!

Daniel
Message 20 of 25
fonsecr

The above addition refers to the post processor API - not the HSMWorks add-in API. The post processor API has been extended to provide read/write access to most of the settings in the machine configuration.

René Fonseca
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report