Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a web browser "open in Fusion 360" button?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
r.moss
559 Views, 1 Reply

How to configure a web browser "open in Fusion 360" button?

I've just being playing with the sharing options in Fusion 360 - I was curious to see whether a shared design could be altered by the recipient.

I can open a share link in my web browser (Firefox, Windows 10).  if I then click on the "Open in Fusion 360" bottom on the web page it asks for an app:

fusionlauncher.JPG

I right-clicked on my desktop Fusion 360 icon, did "open file location" and copied the path for the executable.   When it tries to open it I get an error message:

cannot open fusion.JPG

Is this the wrong app to choose?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dikshant.
in reply to: r.moss

If you joined a personal hub as a project contributor, then yes you can edit it. But in a team hub, only people with "editor" or "project admin" roles can edit it, "viewer" cannot. Still, if you wish to open it in F360, click on "Choose another application" and select the f360 desktop shortcut or if you don't have the shortcut, navigate to the installation directory - C:\Users\Roger\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\. The FusionLauncher.exe executable can be found in one of the subfolders inside "production".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report