Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Public Share link - URL changing for each version

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
william
254 Views, 8 Replies

Fusion Public Share link - URL changing for each version

The public share link has always been a perpetual link that doesn't change. This is important because it is distributed via email and our ERP system, so any employee or customer can open the link and see the most up to date version of the file. 
Something has changed recently, and the link is now changing for each new version.
This is a big problem, we have 10,000 drawings and models (pdf's, and stp files) that we have copied the public share link and uploaded to our manufacturing system, assembly instructions/SOP's, and suppliers, etc. 
We have relied on the perpetual link so any changes to the design, we only have to update the file in Fusion Teams, and everywhere the shared link is used - the user sees the updated version.

@ryan.bales @Rafal.Chlod - Why is Fusion now doing this? 
We need to get this back to a perpetual link as soon as possible. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@william We are aware and our apologies. We are actively working to identify what happened here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply. 
It has only started happening recently (have only noticed it in the last 2-3 weeks), I initially thought it was someone at our end not following the process correctly. 
Already it has cost us thousands in rework, because contractors thought they were looking at the most up to date version of the plans and didn't realize they were in fact looking at an out-of-date version.

I don't know why the developers would muck around with this and break it, when it's been working fine up to now. 

How does this even happen? How does someone get to make a change like this, and code released without it being picked up? 

Message 4 of 9

@william Valid questions that you have there. Our first order of business is to get customers like you unblocked. As I learn more on what happened I may be able to share details. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 9

@RajkumarIlanchelian - When can we expect a fix for this? 
This is causing so many issues for us every day. 

Message 6 of 9

@william @We are expecting either a Thursday or Friday deployment if all the testing goes well. Will certainly keep you posted. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 9

@william The problem should be addressed now. We do sincerely apologize for the experience here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 9

@RajkumarIlanchelian  Thanks for fixing this. 
I updated a couple of files and checked the links; everything appears to be working correctly now. 
Couple of questions:
Can you confirm when the change was made that broke the perpetual link functionality? So, I can work out what files are affected here. 
Why was the change made? Was it intentional, and if so - why? 

Message 9 of 9

@william The issue was introduced on June 10. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report