Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find file in fusion

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tombergisch
229 Views, 1 Reply

Find file in fusion

Hi, 

Fusion doesn't store a new file in the folder where you are in the navigation pane but where you were before that. I am obsessive about my file structuring, so everytime a start a new file i navigate to where i want it in the navigator and save it. But you still need to select the right folder once you save, which i sometimes forget. So then i start a file somewhere but because i want to keep my folders pristine i dont want that. So i need to delete or move it. Does anyone know how to find the location if you dont know where you saved it? Yes you have recent files, and no, fusion wont allow you to navigate to that folder. So then i have to manually go through all my folders to find and delete it. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Whilst writing this post i found the solution. When you click on version it shows you where the file is stored. Keeping the post up for others who might have the same question. 

Would be nice to right click and navigate to folder, or when you select it from recent files you move to the folder where its at. Or autoselect the current folder as default. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
P-BvanWyk
in reply to: tombergisch

Good day @tombergisch,

Thank you for the update and solution.

I agree this will be a good feature, especially going from the search window or recent to the file location.

Please remember to mark the solution so others can find it.

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report