Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong profile extruded, simple profiles with spline intersect

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
camdotcam
292 Views, 3 Replies

Wrong profile extruded, simple profiles with spline intersect

I've been experiencing a ?bug? where I'll select one profile to extrude, and the preview showed the expected result, but when I complete the extrusion I instead get a completely different result.

Editing the extrusion from the timeline shows me that the wrong profile is now selected for that extrusion.
I only see this behaviour when I'm working with sketch profiles of shapes that are intersected by a spline.

I think I can reliably resolve it by trimming, or by using the offset tool to make a similar shape.

How can I avoid this without workarounds?

.F3D file and screen recording attached

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
camdotcam
in reply to: camdotcam

My workaround is to create a new sketch and then project the original sketch to it, as shown in the attached video.  

It seems that if I do any other extrusion, or select more than one profile to extrude it will also work as expected.  This seems to me like a bug.  The video shows the behaviour described

Message 3 of 4

@camdotcam 

As long as the spline profile is closed, this issue persists. Two ways to resolve this:

1. Break the spline profile at one of the circles.                                   sanjanashankargoli_0-1640082495938.png

2. Select two profiles includin the unwanted profile and extrude cut the unwanted portion subsequently sanjanashankargoli_1-1640082722841.png

Sanjana Goli
Customer Technical Success
Fusion 360 Webinars | Tips and Best Practices | Troubleshooting
Message 4 of 4
camdotcam
in reply to: camdotcam

Thanks, I've been doing similarly and it's working 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report