Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win7, DirectX 11 and 3d Sketches issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
SVentus
206 Views, 0 Replies

Win7, DirectX 11 and 3d Sketches issues

Yes i know win7 is not supported anymore. Still, i used it and Fusion for a long time and everything worked fine before the second to the last update i made today. Im guessing there were already some posts about this but i wanted to give a clearer picture of the issues and point to possible solutions.

All my drivers are up to date, everything else works fine including several games that are much more graphically taxing then Fusion. The issue isn't in bodies, or quality of graphical effects applied to them since the problem happens even when everything is reduced to a minimum - and its caused by 3d sketches being visible while in  DirectX11 only.

My config is i5, 16 Gb Ram, Radeon R9270x, Fusion is installed on the main C: SSD drive, its own default location.

And i have a few terabytes of extra storage too. I just never switched to the win10 and i would prefer i wont need to do all the work required to migrate everything over just because of one program.

Even if Fusion isnt supporting win7 anymore, it doesnt seem from my point of view that working in DirectX11 should cause such drastic issues when 3d Sketches are used and turned on. When i turn the sketches off in my models, then the issue disappears and Fusion works just fine. It also works fine when the sketches in the model are "normal", flat ones, and the issue disappears when i switch to DirectX 9 in the preferences, as well as the Open GL option, but that gives a reduced graphical presentation which is very hard to work with.

The issue is horrible lagging of about two to three seconds whenever i tried to do anything at all, rotating the model, switching components and off, even making simple right clicks or selecting tool icons. I reinstalled Fusion three times in last week and i used the cleaner (tip: maybe there should be a warning in the cleaner main window that the normal uninstallation should be done before using the cleaner - because the cleaner does not start the regular  uninstallation itself. I had folders, files and program listing left in the "programs list" of the OS, which i needed to remove manually. I'm not talking about leaving my models files on which is ok, i mean other folders and files) and i also cleaned the registry after these uninstallations.

I added a  screen of my task manager performance while in DirectX11 and with sketches turned on in one model, as you can see I have plenty of juice left free and the hardware itself isn't tasked.

After many tries I figured out that the horrible lag only appears when the sketches are turned on. I usually have several components from three to ten at maximum, its nothing too complicated. And the issue appears only if the sketches are 3D sketches, in my case usually done with splines. I'm working on some designs that are a bit more organic in form (just slightly, it's not anything too organic) but they also need to have exact measures and dimensions so 3D sketching is the only way I can achieve that, surface loft all the sides and then patch them into bodies.

Switching to DirectX 9 solves this issue completely.

So I'm just guessing it shouldn't be too hard to fix DirectX 11 functionality when displaying 3d sketches, even if win7 isn't supported anymore.

/

Also, the last update gave me the error I added in two other screenshots. I couldn't turn that window off, it just kept switching from one to another after OK is clicked and I had to use the task manager to shut down fusion itself. Complete uninstall, cleaner and registry wipe solved that issue. I have no idea what it meant.

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report