Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 'Objects to cut' ??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drgert1
106 Views, 2 Replies

What is 'Objects to cut' ??

Hello All,

F360 noob here.

I imported the STL from the web. It's a cap for Canon camera. I need to design a hole and extension into it. But I get stuck with tool asking 'Objects to cut'.

I opened the design, mad a sketch on what seems to be the inside surface of the cap, made a circle, and now I want to extrude / cut the hole through the part. But it is not working.

I am so sorry my knowledge is so limited, but I have no  idea what the tool is trying to tell me here. Thus I am unable to respond properly. I tried clicking on the solid body indicating that this is the body I want to cut, but nothing happens. I must be missing something very fundamental in the use of F360. How do I get this design step resolved? Could you please explain the underlying principle here? What property of the design 'body' did I miss during import so that I fail to cut the hole?

drgert1_0-1727674375762.png

I get a popup :

drgert1_1-1727674509651.png

Click on more info does not do anything.

I've attached the STL from the web. That's all I have.  Now the forum is telling it can't attach the file.

drgert1_0-1727674806247.png

What is missing now?

Thanks,

Gert

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: drgert1

STL files may have to be zipped but we don't need it, 

Fusion files are ok to attach, with the mesh body in it.

You can't model directly on a Mesh Body with normal tools.

That body should be converted to a solid body, or you could consider MeshMixer as more suitable software for working this way with mesh bodies.

Might help...

Message 3 of 3
drgert1
in reply to: drgert1

Adding the STL zip file, FYI.

Best,

Gert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report