Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User parameters disappeared from the "Change parameters" dialog box?!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
barabm
168 Views, 11 Replies

User parameters disappeared from the "Change parameters" dialog box?!

Hello,

As I wanted to modify my User Parameters, I couldn't because they were all gone! The previous Rev shows the same behavior but when I looked at two previous revision, I could actually find them!? It looks like they disappeared for good since I can't call them when sketching.

Any idea what could've cause this. 

thanks

ScreenShot.jpg

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
g-andresen
in reply to: barabm

Hi,

Is the button missing here or just its graphic?

gandresen_0-1726129533319.png

günther

Message 3 of 12
HughesTooling

Have you disabled design history at any point? If you disable history all user parameters will be removed and not recreated if you reenable history. It looks like favorited dimensions are remembered when you reenable history though.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
barabm
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi @HughesTooling,

That was my first thought. At some point, I disabled the Design History... but I put it back and my user parameters are still nowhere to be seen. To add to what you said, I understand that, once the design history is disabled, the option "Change Parameters" isn't accessible at all, for any parameters. 

FYI. I disable the Design History in order to be able to shuffle around Components/Body that I wanted to rearrange within other Components. Somehow, I couldn't shuffle thing around (drag and drop)  without History disabled. I always enable the history right after and never done actual design without.  

I feel like all this is somewhat the cause of the issue, but not sure how. Just because the "correct" version I had less "messing around" with the components. Even though, all in all, I can't understand how simple variables could  be wiped out from memory and literally disappear!? Granted my "newbie" design practice is horrific and I'll have to be more thoughtful and avoid to disable the Design History as a work around. 

Message 5 of 12
barabm
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresen. That is missing.

Message 6 of 12
g-andresen

Hi,

1. As @HughesTooling  said, the user and model parameters are removed when you switch to DM mode (history switched off) and do not reappear when you reactivate the history.

2. A component is fixed when it is created via ‘Ground to parent’ and cannot be moved.
However, the fixation can be cancelled by right-clicking.
This function was just recently introduced.

Maybe > disable it

gandresen_0-1726155359227.png

It is therefore not necessary to switch to DM mode for this reason.

günther

Message 7 of 12
HughesTooling

@barabm wrote:

Hi @HughesTooling,

That was my first thought. At some point, I disabled the Design History... but I put it back and my user parameters are still nowhere to be seen.

Once you disable Design History the user parameters are deleted and you will not get them back when you reenable design history. You can test this on a simple design.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
HughesTooling

@barabm You could use the parameter IO add in to reimport the parameters from an earlier design. After installing the add in just open one of the earlier version with the parameters and export, then import into your current version.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
barabm

@HughesTooling Ooh... Got it! Sorry, somehow I misread your first response as the user parameter would reappear. It all make sense then..

Message 10 of 12
barabm

@HughesTooling @g-andresen 

Thank you guys! Very enlightening!

Message 11 of 12
HughesTooling

@barabm wrote:

@HughesTooling Ooh... Got it! Sorry, somehow I misread your first response as the user parameter would reappear. It all make sense then..

It was probably because I talked about favorited model parameters that confused what I said!

Odd thing is I thought I'd give you an example and it seems like favorited model dimensions do survive turning history off then on again?!

I set this up for a test.

HughesTooling_0-1726156418747.png

Turned history off then back on all all the parameters survived!

HughesTooling_1-1726156487950.png

Not sure what combinations of favourites and user parameters this will work with though.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
barabm

@HughesTooling Mmmh. Interesting... Maybe that's because you did nothing in between switching and back on. Like shuffling things around as I did. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report