Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
fredrik_bjorckFP29B
204 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to update

Hi.

Im having issues updating Fusion.
Under the "job status" icon it sais "The update failed to complete. Check your internet connection and restart your computer when youre ready. If it fails again, get the diagnostic log and contact us through the Fusion help and support forum for help".
If I try to go offline and then back online the update now icon appears briefly, just to disappear moments later, then the text above shows yet again (just before the text shows there is a command window that opens and closes instantly). Ive tried to click the update now button when it flashes by, but nothing happens.

I tried to use the service utility to do a repair, but that isnt working either.

The computer has been rebooted multiple times.

Im attaching the logfile.
There is a line in the logfile that sais; "OSError: [WinError 1392] The file or the catalogue is damaged and cannot be read".

Thankful for help.

//Fredrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@fredrik_bjorckFP29B Can you please see if this article helps with the problem? 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/WinError-1392-duri...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 3

I managed to get Fusion working with the latest update thanks to the post you linked.

However I had to do the manual uninstall version.
Neither the "Service utility" or the option to uninstall via the windows program uninstall worked.

As a note; the link for automatic uninstall spits out a 404 error, might be worth checking out.
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/How-to-do-an-automatic-Clean-Uninstall-for-Autode...

Many thanks for the assistance.
//Fredrik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report