Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Fusion 360 on MacBook, OSX 10.15.2

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
286 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Install Fusion 360 on MacBook, OSX 10.15.2

Hi - Unable to Install Fusion 360 on my MacBook, running OSX 10.15.2.  Install crashes at the very end, generating "[Errno 13] Permission denied ..." . I brought the problem to my Universities IT office, and they were also unable to install. This included working through the terminal, the log files, searching support forums, and so on. IT Office suggested that I contact Autodesk help. I am at my wits end, and need access.  I have attached the log files.

Thankyou!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Looking at your log file, it seems that you have a system permission error.  The following line was taken from the log file.

Permission Error - 1.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes, thank you - I've ID'd that it a systems permission error, based on that line. Question is where do I go from here?

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not use a MAC but in Windows I would simply change the system rights of the individual who is trying to install and run Fusion 360.  I searched the internet briefly and this article seems to fit the situation.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have the same issue on OSX 10.15.5 with permissions. Have tried the auto cleaner which won't launch, gone through all the tutorials using terminal. I also shut down and restarted the laptop but to no avail. When I found the file folder and "got info" I have permission to read write??

I posted this problem a while ago but no one seems to have an answer. I am also at my wits end. Is this a 10.15 problem??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report