Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display sketch in drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5136 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to display sketch in drawing

I needed to have a sketch be visible in a drawing I created from a part design. It seems like it should be possible to toggle the visibility of the sketch in the Drawing browser, but toggling the light-bulb did nothing. Is it possible to show a sketch in a Drawing or not?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes you can show a sketch in a drawing.  It will always be shown as a phantom linetype but it can be shown.  Take a look at my screencast to see how it is done.  Make sure that you select to the "light bulb" for all  sketches as well as the one for the sketch you want to show.

Show Model Sketch.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi jhackney1972,

Thank you for the reply. I did try it the way you stated, and the sketch it still not visible. I created a new model and tried it, and there this method does work, but on my main design the sketch does not display.

Is there any reason you can think of that would prevent a sketch from becoming visible through this method? Unfortunately I can not share my design/file for proprietary reasons.

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok I figured it out. I was sectioning my part and the sketch I wanted to display was on the cross-section plane. Apparently sketches that are on the same plane as the cut are excluded.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
put-man

Also the lines in the sketch have to be solid lines.  Construction lines will NOT show up...

Message 6 of 6
jaap.growy
in reply to: Anonymous

Turning on the the sketch in the view did not show the sketch. But when I delete the view, created a new view and turned on the sketch in that view the sketch was visible, indeed as a phantom line. To bad you have to add all your dimensions to the view all over again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report