Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much material in between the bend lines.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jaksmini1969
145 Views, 6 Replies

Too much material in between the bend lines.

Hi.

I am having issues with too much material in the bend zones.

My pressbrake setup is, top knife has a .6 radius and my vee block is 24mm.

In my Bend rules i have .6 radius and when i create a flat pattern i seem to get excess material in between the bend lines. Once the part is folded they do not come out to dimension.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MRWakefield
in reply to: jaksmini1969

Let me start off by saying that I'm definitely no expert in sheet metal! My first guess would be your 'K' factor.

MRWakefield_0-1721825871105.png

Could this account for the discrepancy you're seeing?

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 7
jaksmini1969

I had a play with the K-factor. I have gone from .44 which was default and i am now at .15 which is way below what is recomended but i have reduced the excess material by 1.4mm. I will do some test folds and see how much more i need to remove before developed dimensions are correct.
Thankyou i appreciate the help Marcus.
Message 4 of 7

What gauge and material?  0.6mm is a very tight radius that I for one could not achieve except using copy paper! Do you have (appropriate) radius gauges?

Message 5 of 7
MRWakefield

Ok, no problem, I thought I'd mention it. 0.15 does sound very little but as I said: I'm no sheet metal expert.

BTW, it's usually good practise to reply to the specific post rather than the thread so using the 'REPLY' button rather than the 'POST REPLY' button. This makes it easier to see who and what people are replying to.

MRWakefield_0-1721864706714.png

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.

Message 6 of 7

Hi. I re read the radius on my tooling and it has .8mm radius. I am using Rolleri tooling. Guage is 3mm aluminium. I have been bending successfully with 2d and allowing for material loss in my drawings. I am trying to get my head around Fusion 360 and once i get the Sheet metal rule correct i should be fine.

Message 7 of 7
jaksmini1969
in reply to: MRWakefield

Thankyou i thought i did reply to your comment. 

Yes .15 is small but we are doing some test cutting and folding now and fingers crossed we will have success.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report