Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Move" feature is destructible/irreversible

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
anissbenthami
172 Views, 3 Replies

The "Move" feature is destructible/irreversible

Hello, I've just installed Fusion 360 and was tweaking it a bit to get used to the interface. I moved a shape using the "Move" feature and then proceeded to add more features. However, when I was unsatisfied with the position of the shape and wanted it to return to its original position, I right-clicked on it, clicked on "Edit Feature", and then selected "Move" from the drop-down menu. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the coordinates I had previously assigned, so I was unable to undo them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You will soon learn to create a Component and then added sketches and bodies under it.  Then you can use Joints to position the components anywhere you desire and connect them to other components.  The Move command is not used too often and has some characteristics you want to avoid.  In your case you can however, return the body to the original coordinates it was created in by manipulating the timeline.  The video will explain. 

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your generous and instructive answer.
Message 4 of 4

Sometimes, in a multibody design, which is more often used in industrial and product design. the move feature is very helpful in moving geometry.

What you used is the 1st (default) move option in the dialogue, which is non-parametric, meaning it forgets its previous settings.

The two move options I have circled are parametric:

TrippyLighting_0-1715388374162.png

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report