Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface turns asymmetrical after Split body

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
7070tony
241 Views, 4 Replies

surface turns asymmetrical after Split body

Slit Body with a symetrical curveSlit Body with a symetrical curve

Sketch on XY plane, draw a line and mirrorSketch on XY plane, draw a line and mirrorProfile not createdProfile not created0.001mm gap between the mirrored line and the intersected point0.001mm gap between the mirrored line and the intersected point.The other surface's boundary edge works fine when done the same processThe other surface's boundary edge works fine when done the same process

Hello, while modeling a surface, I ran into a bug related to 'Split body' and wanted to share it.

I drew a symmetrical spline to split a surface.

Then, I created a sketch on the XY plane and drew a line, and mirrored it to make an isosceles triangle profile.

Although I drew all the sketches symmetrically there was no profile created. I found that there was a 0.001mm gap between the end of the mirrored line and the intersected point. However, when the process was done the same way with the other surface with the identical boundary edge, everything was fine.

The problem seems to happen randomly because after moving the timeline backward and forward to double-check all the sketches I made, redrawing the last sketch sometimes made a profile normally.

Hope this will be fixed soon. thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: 7070tony

Are you sure that you want to Mirror a Spline?

TheCADWhisperer_0-1677067204423.png

TheCADWhisperer_1-1677068342076.png

TheCADWhisperer_2-1677068367978.png

This is my curvature display...

TheCADWhisperer_0-1677068067342.png

See Attached file...

Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: 7070tony

I generally is not a good ide to work with mirrored fit point spines in Fusion 360. Scaliing of angent handles is partticular to an individual spline and they might start out symmetrical, but editing one will not nevessarily result in a symmericval mirror.

For the surface split in sketch63 as suggested by @TheCADWhisperer I'd use a closed fit pooint spline.

For the curve in sketch64 I'd start with a 3-degree control point spline with 4 points and see if that is enough to reprresent the curve in the canvas.

Control point splines can be mirrored without problems.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
7070tony
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thank you for the image and the file you attached. It helped a lot. I now clearly understand the difference!

Message 5 of 5
7070tony
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I really appericiate your reply, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report