Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So FED UP with Fusion Design Flaw

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
413 Views, 7 Replies

So FED UP with Fusion Design Flaw

Hey everyone, I'm used to using Inventor, but a lot of the features in Fusion seem to be the same. What is driving me MAD, is that I am trying to design a very basic shape using the perpendicular tool, and it is just not working. In Inventor, you select the Perpendicular tool, followed by one sketch line, followed by the other sketch line. I've used it often where I wanted a quarter circle to connect to a straight line. Well in Fusion it's just not working. I'm trying to select a curve line, followed by a straight line - as you can see in the video; but it's not letting me select the curve. In Inventor I've done this thousands of times.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

First thing I would do is turn off that snap to grid.

There is no Perpendicular to arc constraint in Fusion 360.

Do a Coincident (or Horizontal or Vertical) to the arc center point instead (you might add a Construction line, but not really needed).

Message 3 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

Project (P)* in active sketch mode allows you to prepare contours of the body for snapping the sketch elements.

günther

* Create > Project or shortcut “P”

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

I'm sorry but I don't understand what this means
Message 5 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

please watch the Screencast.

günther

Message 6 of 8
HughesTooling

Edit I see @TheCADWhisperer  covered this. Short attention span should have read more carefully.

Fusion can not create a perpendicular constraint to an arc or spline (Well spline endpoint you can but that's all). For an arc you can use a coincident constraint between the line and the arc centre.

Pick the perpendicular constraint from the toolbar, select the line then the circle centre.

HughesTooling_0-1634553124158.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

This is useful to have confirmed, as I had suspected it. I had found that making a perpendicular construction line and making a coincident constraint did work; but 99% sure from memory that on Inventory you can just created a perpendicular constraint. thanks for your reply

Message 8 of 8
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

…but 99% sure from memory that on Inventory you can just created a perpendicular constraint. thanks for your reply

Yes you can do it in Autodesk Inventor Professional.

There are entire courses that I teach on functionality that Inventor Professional has that Fusion 360 does not have.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report