Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Export to DXF - Unusable File

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
a.hubac
539 Views, 9 Replies

Sketch Export to DXF - Unusable File

Hi,

For a current project involving laser cutting, I would like to export the outlines of a body (representing Stingrays) as dxf.

So I have created a new sketch on a shifted plan from my bodies and I have recreated the outlines by using project/include tool.

After that, I just select it and «  Save as DXF ».

Unfortunately the DXF created seems to me unusable.

When I use different viewer as Inkscape or Sharecad the file looks line a simple line.

I also think about the sketch orientation and tried to change it, thinking the viewer show me the dxf from the side of it (please don't laugh if it impossible 🙂 )

Can you tell me what is wrong ?

You will find attached my file (.F3D) and some print screen from my project and from an online viewer.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Aurélien from France.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
  • dxf
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wmhazzard
in reply to: a.hubac

I right clicked on your sketch 10 and saved as a dxf. I opened it in Autodesk DWG True View and it looks fine to me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.  

Screenshot 2022-05-02 215852.jpg 

Message 3 of 10
a.hubac
in reply to: wmhazzard

Hi @wmhazzard ,

Thanks for you quick answer.

For information maybe : I currently work on Macbook

I'm really frustrated because I tried with Autodesk viewer link that you indicate and every thing is fine ...

Is it normal for a same dxf to be "exploitable" depending viewers ?

The problem is that  .dxf files were intented to supplier supposed to "cut on demand from dxf files".

And he seems not be able open them like me until you advice me to try to pen them with Autodesk True View.

I don't know what is going on ... ?

For information maybe : I currently work on Macbook

Message 4 of 10
hamid.sh.

I also exported to DXF from your sketch 10 and same as @wmhazzard didn't see any problem. Would you share your exported DXF file here? I will take a look at it in a DWG editor (CorelCAD).

Hamid
Message 5 of 10
a.hubac
in reply to: hamid.sh.

Hi @hamid.sh. 

Yes for sure. But I just tried and I have the error message attached; (see printscreen)

I'm cursed I think ....😫

I send you the complete file (.f3D) were you will find all models of stingrays from which I tried to export sketch to dxf as replacement.

Thanks a lot for your help and time !

Aurélien

Message 6 of 10
hamid.sh.

Please try to attach DXF (maybe zip it first before attaching) so I can check a DXF that you have exported, because whatever I export from sketches of your f3d file is OK.

Hamid
Message 7 of 10
a.hubac
in reply to: hamid.sh.

hi @hamid.sh. ,

i didn’t to do that here they are …

Thanks 

Message 8 of 10
hamid.sh.

As far as I can tell all of your exported files are OK when opened in CorelCAD 2021; see this screencast.

Hamid
Message 9 of 10
HughesTooling

@a.hubac wrote:

Hi @wmhazzard ,

The problem is that  .dxf files were intented to supplier supposed to "cut on demand from dxf files".

And he seems not be able open them like me until you advice me to try to pen them with Autodesk True View.

From past experience, a lot or suppliers with laser and flame cutting software can not read files with splines higher than degree 3. The software they use is pretty poor.

Your DXF has a lot of degree 5 splines I think are the problem.

HughesTooling_0-1651565388535.png

You might want to try the add in here that converts Splines to poly lines. PS. Don't attach pictures, either paste them from the clipboard or use the Insert Photo option.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
a.hubac
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi @HughesTooling ,

Sorry for me late answer.

thanks to this precious explanation.

After the supplier refunding (because they didn’t succeed to open my dxf files), I tried your solution.

it seemed to be work well with from my side with viewer which didn’t with previous dxf.

So I placed an other order 🤞🏻… and today :party_popper: : I  just receive message informing me that my order is ready and about to get sent to me. 

thanks a lot 

thank @hamid.sh. and @wmhazzard  for your time too.

I push it as Resolved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report