Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Joint not working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dbunch211
138 Views, 2 Replies

Simple Joint not working

All I am doing is aligning an M3x30mm screw with a hole and get the error Cannot resolve some component positions because there are conflicts with assembly relationships in the design.  For testing purposes, I made a simple cylinder 9mm in diameter, 3mm hole & 6mm thick.  I inserted a M3x30mm screw Step file with no threads (91292A022) from McMaster-Carr.  I also tried the threaded step file.  I am in mm units. When aligning a simple joint of the center of the head of the screw with the top center of the hole, I get this error.  Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?  This used to work for me.

FusionJointProblem.JPG

 Here is what the Edit Joint dialog looks like.

FusionJointProblemDialog.JPG

 Also, when I insert the screw, it comes up with a Move/Copy dialog box that I cannot hit OK to, but only Cancel.

FusionInsert.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: dbunch211

I suspect the problem is here:

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 11.17.33 AM.png

That little anchor indicates that this component is "grounded to parent" (a new thing).  Select it and unground from parent, will probably help.

While you are at it, turn off the default that automatically does this for you.  It is very annoying that this is the default, and has tripped up a lot of people...

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 11.20.01 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
dbunch211
in reply to: dbunch211

That did the trick & I changed that preference.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report