Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling imported DWG?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wayne5LR9C
773 Views, 1 Reply

Scaling imported DWG?

Hi folks!

I have a DWG file here, from a third party.  I imported it by uploading it, inserted it into a design, and it was wonderful.  I added a new component, used some geometry from the DWG import, got ready to do some things with it, and realized my scale was off by 25.4!  Oof.

I realize this is because the DWG file was generated without something set, and there's no way to tell the online converter that it's in inches.

I have found a bunch of folks with this issue here on the forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/dwg-import-into-f360-and-wrong-scale/m-p/8830434 for example) but it seems like they all have AutoCAD.  I don't, and it is not really possible for me to get the creator to recreate this file or make edits.

I'm assuming I couldn't fix the unitless aspect of the file without the source.

Can I scale it as a DWG using a tool outside of Fusion360?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: wayne5LR9C

DWG drawings care their own units within the file.  Unless someone scaled the drawing, before you received it, the model will import to the correct scale.  I demo this in the Screencast.  If you want to use different units, simply change the units of the model in Fusion 360.  If someone did scale the DWG by mistake and you want to scale it up or down, you can use the Scale command.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report