Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino 6 .3dm Files Fails to Import

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ec2638
1992 Views, 6 Replies

Rhino 6 .3dm Files Fails to Import

Rhino 6 .3dm files fail to import into Fusion.  Rhino 5 imports fine.  Please fix!

Thank you!

FYI - Your import documentation reads:

Rhino Files (*.3dm)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.bales
in reply to: ec2638

You could try uploading via A360 instead of through the data panel. 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: ryan.bales

@ryan.bales Although you can upload and view a V6 Rhino file it does not convert to a Fusion design. I think you need to update your translator to the new file version. I've attached a simple file with a box and a sphere.

Another odd thing is a PDF is created saying there was a partial success, I'm sure in the past if you double click a pdf in the data panel it would open in Chrome but now Fusion tries to open it and fails. Should the option to open\insert be there for PDFs?

Clipboard02.png

Thanks Mark

PS Looks like 3dm is not an allowed file type and you don't get any warnings it's not allowed just nothing happens when you hit post apart from the attachment's removed and you're returned to the post edit page.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
ryan.bales
in reply to: HughesTooling

Very interesting. Normally we use the cloud translator if the local one fails. I'll have to pass this on to the team. 

Ryan Bales
Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

@ryan.bales wrote:

Very interesting. Normally we use the cloud translator if the local one fails. I'll have to pass this on to the team. 

By local do you mean New Design From file, because 3dm has never been an option from there. Surprised the viewer works but the translation fails.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
ryan.bales
in reply to: HughesTooling

Using upload from the data panel. Although i imagine the translation is very similar, new design from file is only looking for specific file types.

Ryan Bales
Message 7 of 7
ec2638

To confirm @HughesTooling input, with Rhino 6 files, something ‘happens’ via the data panel and A360, but it is not usable in Fusion - no data/objects...empty.  Rhino 5 files work.

Translation needs to be looked at and fixed to support Rhino 6 .3dm, please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report