Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Translucent Materials with Decals

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra
2230 Views, 14 Replies

Rendering Translucent Materials with Decals

When a decal is applied to a translucent material, both in local and cloud rendering the material loses it's translucency and becomes opaque, this doesn't happen in canvas rendering.

Cloud Render (first image) and Canvas Render (second image).

Teste_materiais_e_luz_v1_2017-Jun-01_11-01-33AM-000_CustomizedView10704817830.pngTeste materiais e luz v8.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Mike.Grau
in reply to: Pedro_Bidarra

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Could you may share a Public Link of your design via Private Message that can reproduce this behavior?

You may want to check out this article here, this might be a solution for your Problem.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra
in reply to: Mike.Grau

Thank you Mike,

That link is interesting but only applies to transparent materials and without images applied to them.

I'll send you the link via PM in a minute.

Second issue, I did some more experiments, this time applying the image via the material itself, using a image instead of colour of the translucent material (central row). In this case, the row uses the same translucent white material as the base, in the first square the material is applied to the body and then a copy of this material but with an image instead of colour is applied to just the external face; the second square has this same material with the image applied to the whole body (this one works the best for what I want, the only problem is that I want the image only applied to one side and not to the back); finally the last square in the middle row is just the the white translucent material with no image.

The top row is made using a transparent material, frosted glass, with decals applied, like the bottom row, the first image from the left is a png with an alpha channel where all the colours have transparency; the second decal has just the white back ground of the image as transparent (I'm sorry, I verified and in fact the second image in the top row has no alpha transparency) and the last has no transparency/alpha channel. You can see some inconsistencies here, as the middle image on the top row appears to have no transparency.

Cloud Render:
Teste_materiais_e_luz_v1_2017-Jun-01_06-36-44PM-000_CustomizedView62050466910.png

Canvas Render:
Teste materiais e luz v26.png

Thank you for looking into this.

Message 4 of 15
anavaidya

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Rendering team looked at the issue and has identified the bug with translucent materials and decals. Once it's fixed and released, we will let you know.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 5 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra
in reply to: anavaidya

Thank you.
Message 6 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra

I was hoping to see improvements on this matter in the 20 June release, but the same problem maintains.
Message 7 of 15
Mike.Grau

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra,

Yes, that might take a bit time until it´s integrated.

Let´s check with @anavaidya to what´s the progress here.

Thank you,

Message 8 of 15
anavaidya
in reply to: Mike.Grau

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra,

The issue is not fixed yet and will take some time till it gets integrated into Fusion. I'll update this thread, once the fix is in Fusion.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 9 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra

Thank you @Mike.Grau and @anavaidya for the information!

Message 10 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra

I was hoping for the August update to fix this, but apparently not, although there seems to be some mention of it in the 'changelog'.

Message 11 of 15
Mike.Grau

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra,

Thanks for asking about that.

Yes, we did release the new Sheet Metal environment with the latest update.

I assume that this is in the pipeline but finalized yet, let us check with @anavaidya if we can provide more information.

Thank you,

Message 12 of 15
anavaidya

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra - I'm finding out the information. I'll update this thread when I get further details. Sorry for the delay. 

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 13 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra

Thank you @Mike.Grau and @anavaidya, looking forward for any update on the issue.

Message 14 of 15
anavaidya

Hi @Pedro_Bidarra - This issue is now fixed. Cloud Rendering will match what you see in canvas. Please check you file again and let us know if your issue is resolved.

If you notice problems or have any other issues, do let us know.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 15 of 15
Pedro_Bidarra

Thanks @anavaidya, I can happily verify the issue has been solved, translucent materials with decals render equally well locally and in the cloud.

Thank you all for solving this. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report